• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Automatic knives

I have a lightning and I must say they are not that bad for the money. it would be a good thing to get to see if the otf knives were really your thing or not

Bought a Microtech off BackWoods cause I have always wanted one! Now I want to get something for every day use.

Last edited:
The Schrade models are ok for the price range. I think safeties even on autos, are pointless and the "release" on the Viper model is not really ergonomic but, good solid blade for the coin. These are just my opinions.

The release is awkward and takes some getting used to. Almost a year later and it is second nature to me. I originally bought it to see if I really liked OTF before I dropped the coin on a benchmade infidel. I've been so happy with the junk knife I almost forgot about wanting a benchmade.

Bought a Microtech off BackWoods cause I have always wanted one! Now I want to get something for every day use.

Enjoy it bro! I can't bring myself to EDC one of mine, lol. I'd cry if I tore one up. Hard to carry a blade that costs as much as a Glock! Lol

The release is awkward and takes some getting used to. Almost a year later and it is second nature to me. I originally bought it to see if I really liked OTF before I dropped the coin on a benchmade infidel. I've been so happy with the junk knife I almost forgot about wanting a benchmade.

Exactly the reason why I am an advocate for the Lightnings or Schrade even. Excellent and cheaper ways to dip into the "auto" pool. If the Lightning had a deep carry pocket clip, I'd throw it in the rotation!

Back
Top Bottom