• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Average police response time after calling 911 is 10 minutes. That's a long time.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha..............................................................Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Who in their right mind calls 911? If you call dispatch you totally bypass the coffee and donuts club, and 3 minutes is right!

The City of Atlanta average response time is 9 minutes and 35 seconds. Sit down and watch a clock for 10 minutes just to see how long that really is. Now imagine making that 911 call and waiting for the police to show up because of a home invasion and the person is in your home beating on the bedroom door trying to get to you. 10 minutes is a very L O N G time.

That's why you need a gun to defend yourself and call the police after he quits moving.

Thats better than NYC, they don't show up.

Who in their right mind calls 911? If you call dispatch you totally bypass the coffee and donuts club, and 3 minutes is right!
If you get a 3 minute response time consider yourself one if the extremely lucky ones. Most don't. State keeps track of these things for ISO ratings and such. I use to have them. Can't remember exactly but it wasn't 3 minutes.

The City of Atlanta average response time is 9 minutes and 35 seconds. Sit down and watch a clock for 10 minutes just to see how long that really is. Now imagine making that 911 call and waiting for the police to show up because of a home invasion and the person is in your home beating on the bedroom door trying to get to you. 10 minutes is a very L O N G time.

That's why you need a gun to defend yourself and call the police after he quits moving.
I’m a first responder, but only for myself and my family. Average response time is under 15 seconds. :becky: The police get there, well, whenever they get there.

Then there is the problem of 911 operators not providing information to the officers that are responding. My wife experienced that twice when she called 911 and when the officer finally showed up he said he wasn't given all of the information my wife had provided to the operator. You know the important stuff like color/make/mdl of car, license plate and description of the person. She provided details and the officer was given generalities. Operator told him it was a white sedan being driven by a white lady and that's all.

I have called police precincts in Atlanta to report things happening at my restaurant and was told to hang up and call 911.

Back
Top Bottom