• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Awesome chicken casserole

drewga11

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
66   0
Reaction score
I found a basic version of this recipe when trying to recreate a chicken casserole my grandmother used to make. I ended up making some changes and adding stuff to it to make it better. Not the same as what my grandmother used to make, but my girlfriend and my roommate love it and request it a lot. My girlfriend actually bought me the biggest casserole dish she could find so I can make more of it at one time.

Ingredients:
1/2 bag Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1.5-2 cups chicken broth
1 bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 can sliced water chestnuts
1 small can of corn
2 medium chicken breasts, shredded or chopped
1 cup butter, melted

First, cook the chicken. I sprinkle mine with Adobo and smoked paprika and I cook it in a covered pan with a little bit of olive oil. Once cooked the chicken needs to be shredded or chopped. While the chicken is cooking is the time to prep everything else. Mix the melted butter into the stuffing mix. Mix the soups and the chicken broth together. Once all of that is done and you are done with the chicken you are ready to assemble the casserole. Cover the bottom of the pan with 1/3 of the stuffing mix, then layer chicken, corn, water chestnuts, most of cheese(save a little to sprinkle on top), then 1/2 of soup mixture, another 1/3 of stuffing mix, chicken, corn, soup mixture, last 1/3 of stuffing. Sprinkle leftover cheese on top, it will add a little more crunch when cooked. Once all of that is done, toss it in the oven at 350° for 40-45 minutes.

These directions are for a standard 13x9 casserole dish. If a significantly larger dish is used, you may need to double ingredients.

I found a basic version of this recipe when trying to recreate a chicken casserole my grandmother used to make. I ended up making some changes and adding stuff to it to make it better. Not the same as what my grandmother used to make, but my girlfriend and my roommate love it and request it a lot. My girlfriend actually bought me the biggest casserole dish she could find so I can make more of it at one time.

Ingredients:
1/2 bag Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1.5-2 cups chicken broth
1 bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 can sliced water chestnuts
1 small can of corn
2 medium chicken breasts, shredded or chopped
1 cup butter, melted

First, cook the chicken. I sprinkle mine with Adobo and smoked paprika and I cook it in a covered pan with a little bit of olive oil. Once cooked the chicken needs to be shredded or chopped. While the chicken is cooking is the time to prep everything else. Mix the melted butter into the stuffing mix. Mix the soups and the chicken broth together. Once all of that is done and you are done with the chicken you are ready to assemble the casserole. Cover the bottom of the pan with 1/3 of the stuffing mix, then layer chicken, corn, water chestnuts, most of cheese(save a little to sprinkle on top), then 1/2 of soup mixture, another 1/3 of stuffing mix, chicken, corn, soup mixture, last 1/3 of stuffing. Sprinkle leftover cheese on top, it will add a little more crunch when cooked. Once all of that is done, toss it in the oven at 350° for 40-45 minutes.

These directions are for a standard 13x9 casserole dish. If a significantly larger dish is used, you may need to double ingredients.
Thanks,now i'm hungry as hell'

Back
Top Bottom