• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Awesome/random picture YOU have taken thread (G RATED ONLY!)

How many hours of flying did that take?

Cali to San Jose to Managua and back to San Jose about 2:45…. what makes the "long day" is all the waiting…. I tell people "I fly for free…. just get paid to wait!"

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cohutta Overlook, experimenting with a new wide angle lens.

1708296230820.jpeg

Cali to San Jose to Managua and back to San Jose about 2:45…. what makes the "long day" is all the waiting…. I tell people "I fly for free…. just get paid to wait!"

WOW, not long at all. Yea I figured you had plenty layover time

Is that about 28mm?

I dunno. :)

The full model is: Canon RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 Lens. It's pretty new, and certainly not top shelf photography grade, but it does capture a lot more than the mid grade zoom lens I have been using.

The Canon site says it's a 16-29mm equivalent.

So good call!

Cool pic, Fear Itself.

Did you set a slow shutter speed to get the blurred waterfall effect? I love that approach.
Honestly I used the extended shutter setting on my Pixel 7! Pretty damn cool for a Google cell phone. I'm sure I could duplicate with a high dollar DSLR NIKON, but I've been trying to see what I can achieve with my new cell phone LOL... amazing what the new technology allows - just lacking on the zoom capabilities a nice camera will pull off. I will say that the macro zoom features on this cell camera is awesome for extremely close up shots.

Honestly I used the extended shutter setting on my Pixel 7! Pretty damn cool for a Google cell phone. I'm sure I could duplicate with a high dollar DSLR NIKON, but I've been trying to see what I can achieve with my new cell phone LOL... amazing what the new technology allows - just lacking on the zoom capabilities a nice camera will pull off. I will say that the macro zoom features on this cell camera is awesome for extremely close up shots.

That is good quality on your phone camera, no doubt!

JimmyJet's, too.

I have a "beginners" grade mirrorless and have done some amount of experimentation with priority modes. A slower shutter on waterfalls makes for a cool effect.

I showed one of them to my Dad back last Thanksgiving, and he said he prefers fast shutter speeds to capture the water drops. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom