• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Awesome/random picture YOU have taken thread (G RATED ONLY!)

I dunno. :)

The full model is: Canon RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 Lens. It's pretty new, and certainly not top shelf photography grade, but it does capture a lot more than the mid grade zoom lens I have been using.

The Canon site says it's a 16-29mm equivalent.

So good call!

Yeah…. a lens in the mid-to-high 20s will give you a nice wide view for scenery…. something like a 16 mm is what we usually refer to as a "fish-eye" lens…. typically used to capture a really wide view close-in…. like an interior room…. but it’s kinda like the type view you get looking through the peephole on your front door…. LOL

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[mention]CardsFan [/mention]…. my first "real camera" vintage 1974 (I think)… came with a 55 mm lens…. I later bought a 28 and an 80-200 mm zoom lens…. really liked shooting nature photos in NC…. when kids came along, I used it for portrait photos…. added a bunch or different effects filters…. had not used the camera much since digital came along. My oldest son has gotten interested in photography and has started doing it professionally for real estate listings and graduations, etc. I gave him all my camera equipment recently…. He loves and uses all the lenses…. his wife has the camera body and case for decoration in their den…. I just happened to be at their house this evening and took the pic…. LOL

You might find some of the stuff on my son's web site interesting….

b70686e01899d3a3c9bdd3083a6c3610.jpg

[mention]CardsFan [/mention]…. my first "real camera" vintage 1974 (I think)… came with a 55 mm lens…. I later bought a 28 and an 80-200 mm zoom lens…. really liked shooting nature photos in NC…. when kids came along, I used it for portrait photos…. added a bunch or different effects filters…. had not used the camera much since digital came along. My oldest son has gotten interested in photography and has started doing it professionally for real estate listings and graduations, etc. I gave him all my camera equipment recently…. He loves and uses all the lenses…. his wife has the camera body and case for decoration in their den…. I just happened to be at their house this evening and took the pic…. LOL

You might find some of the stuff on my son's web site interesting….

b70686e01899d3a3c9bdd3083a6c3610.jpg

I'm curious, because, like you I enjoyed photography at a young age in the 70's and bought a Minolta and over the course of a few years added several different lenses. Can the lenses from the old school cameras fit the new DSLR bodies? I've still got everything at my parents house LOL

I'm curious, because, like you I enjoyed photography at a young age in the 70's and bought a Minolta and over the course of a few years added several different lenses. Can the lenses from the old school cameras fit the new DSLR bodies? I've still got everything at my parents house LOL

Jimmy can answer far better than I, but I can tell you from the little I've learned that for my "entry level" mirrorless, there's a ton of lens "form factors" out there when it comes to lenses, especially when you consider camera vs. lenses over a long period of time.

There are some new and low cost lenses that natively fit my camera, and some older higher quality "pro" lenses that require an adapter. I'm betting you can't just mix and match any lens, especially older lenses with newer cameras.

You may have to do some internet research to see what adapters are available for that camera, and are specific to the camera, and lens you want to connect. Or contact the manufacturer and ask them..

But let's see what what Jimmy says about it.

Some older lenses will work…. as with the bayonet lenses my Minolta used…. my son's DSLR uses the same type…. there may be adapter rings available…..

I appreciate it. Mine was a Minolta SRT 200 and I was told a few years ago that because my lenses were pre auto focus that I would probably have some difficulty.

My son has this issue using my lenses on his DSLR…. he has to set the aperture and manually focus but it works….

[mention]Fear Itself [/mention] [mention]CardsFan [/mention] ….This is what my son is using today…. I paid $205 for my Minolta (on sale) in 1974…. his camera was about $2000 ($320 in 1974 dollars)….

0a3e2345788b86fe8ce278ca2a36ddcd.jpg

One of his lenses compared to my stock 50mm Minolta lens

35677f974108d91a5c863c6c3e6c04fe.jpg

9706692562a14a28168c6c2ecddbea2a.jpg

My old 80-200 zoom lens…

2b71d1979f6f7bc51fdaffc865312a5a.jpg

636c3f33437e15767a45db6fcf9f3af7.jpg

Also found my dad's light meter that I used…. he probably bought this in the late 1940s or early 1950s…. what a blast from the past!

44eead3331ab6adf293d7cbbbaf9cdaf.jpg

Notice the price for the instruction manual….

Back
Top Bottom