• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Baby steps

smk1026

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
That Dude
131   0
Reaction score
well I got the bug for a supressor. I found laxguys sticky and printed off that trust form. I read through it and have an attorney friend look it over sunday to explain it to me.
So what do I do from there?
What other forms do I need?
do I just fill out the trust and get it notorized slip it in an envelope with a 200dollar check to the the ATF?

Fill it out and get it notarized- then make some copies.

Decide what you're buying and where you're buying it from... then give them a copy of the notarized trust with the check. Mine all got mailed off together with the Form 4 by Jake at QRF. Then go get hypnotized so you don't think about it for the next 3/4 of a year.

The stamp you get back will be specific to the serial number on the suppressor you buy. (well, the stamp will be stuck to the top of the approved form 4- that's your "proof" it's legal suppressor I guess).

Last edited:
Fill it out and get it notarized- then make some copies.

Decide what you're buying and where you're buying it from... then give them a copy of the notarized trust with the check. Mine all got mailed off together with the Form 4 by Jake at QRF. Then go get hypnotized so you don't think about it for the next 3/4 of a year.

The stamp you get back will be specific to the serial number on the suppressor you buy. (well, the stamp will be stuck to the top of the approved form 4- that's your "proof" it's legal suppressor I guess).

Sounds simple enough. do you get form 4 from the shop selling the suppressor? and I've heard you have to have the stamp with you. Meaning like if I went to the range to shoot my suppressed AR and john law came by and needed information on it. Is this true?

Last edited:
the only person BY LAW you have to show the stamp to is the ATF as its a TAX document. however in the interests of being allowed to shoot at a range or not being handcuffed while a cop investigates further, make several copies of the completed, stamped and signed form 4 and keep one in the car and one with the can and one at home while the original goes in the safe or a deposit box at the bank.

Yeah- I bring copies of my stamps and even the trust with me just to avoid possible hassle. I've never been hassled about it though. Just one of those better safe than sorry situations. I did meet a LEO years ago that told me civilians can't own full auto or silencers. Obviously, this isn't the case- but there are uninformed people out there.

Yeah- I bring copies of my stamps and even the trust with me just to avoid possible hassle. I've never been hassled about it though. Just one of those better safe than sorry situations. I did meet a LEO years ago that told me civilians can't own full auto or silencers. Obviously, this isn't the case- but there are uninformed people out there.
Is it $200 per stamp? so basically just take on 200 to the price tag of any nfa item

Sounds simple enough. do you get form 4 from the shop selling the suppressor? and I've heard you have to have the stamp with you. Meaning like if I went to the range to shoot my suppressed AR and john law came by and needed information on it. Is this true?

I make wallet sized laminated forms to bring around with me.

Back
Top Bottom