• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Baby steps

I don't have an oar in the water here. But suck it up Sally, pay the money and call me when it comes in. Range fees on me.. :p

What are some quality cans to buy? I've read some wear out pretty quick. at there any multical cans out there?

What calibers are you looking to silence? and what's your budget?

Generally speaking you sill use a 22 can the most, a 45 can covers all your pistols, and a 7.62 rifle can to cover most rifle applications.

If you want 1 do all can then the Liberty Mystic is a great choice and CAW308 is doing a group buy if I recall correctly.

Here's what it covers, if a barrel length is metioned that is the minimum length required to be within the warranty.
22 Hornet
22 K Hornet
218 Bee
223 REM – 16″ BBL
30 PPC – Subsonic
30 Carbine
32-20
357 MAG
221 Fireball
32 S&W Long
32 H&R Magnum
9X18
9X19 (Base Caliber)
38 Super
38 Special
38 S&W
357 Max – Subsonic
338 Spectre
300 BLK
300 Whisper
300/221
308 Win- Subsonic
all rimfire cartridges
5.45x39MM Russian
We now rate it for the 300 BLK in both supersonic and subsonic on an 8″ barrel
7.62 X 39 MM
FULL AUTO 300 BLACKOUT SUBSONIC AND SUPERSONIC.
6.8spc

What calibers are you looking to silence? and what's your budget?

Generally speaking you sill use a 22 can the most, a 45 can covers all your pistols, and a 7.62 rifle can to cover most rifle applications.

If you want 1 do all can then the Liberty Mystic is a great choice and CAW308 is doing a group buy if I recall correctly.

Here's what it covers, if a barrel length is metioned that is the minimum length required to be within the warranty.

Well mostly just nato stuff like 556 and 9mm I have a 45, but mostly just looking to silence my AR and my 9mm glocks, so you're saying caw308 would cover most of my stuff Im really just looking to quiet 556 and 9mm maybe 308 down the line. I probably don't care to do my 45. but from what I understand 45acp most stuff is already subsonic. which is a plus. so a 45 can wouldnt work for 308 or 556? sorry about all the questions I have no clue about any of this stuff.

Last edited:
Well mostly just nato stuff like 556 and 9mm I have a 45, but mostly just looking to silence my AR and my 9mm glocks, so you're saying caw308 would cover most of my stuff Im really just looking to quiet 556 and 9mm maybe 308 down the line. I probably don't care to do my 45. but from what I understand 45acp most stuff is already subsonic. which is a plus. so a 45 can wouldnt work for 308 or 556? sorry about all the questions I have no clue about any of this stuff.

Caw 308 is a dealer on here doing a group buy on liberty mystics.

If you want one can to silence your 556 and your 9mm then the mystic is the way to go.

If you want to silence your 45 and your 9mm an Octane 45 is the way to go

If you want to focus on your 556, which will always have the sonic crack, then I suggest a can from Liberty, Silencerco/SWR, or AAC.

That said I would wait to get a dedicated rifle can rather than pull double duty on one can. The Octane 45 can shoot 45, 40, 9mm, 22, and subsonic 300blk. I suspect it can handle supersonic 300blk on a 16", but I'm not going to test it till someone with QuickLoad gives me some muzzle pressure numbers.

It may be worth asking some people in the class 3 section if you can join them shooting to hear what some of the cans and calibers sound like.

no need to rush. they are not processing forms right now anyway.
Yeah I'm not in a real big hurry basically just weighing the pros and cons and brushing up on laws and can info. I can do the trust when ever I'm ready I know an attorney that can help me and I know a notary public that can stamp on my schedule.
If you want one can to silence your 556 and your 9mm then the mystic is the way to go.

If you want to silence your 45 and your 9mm an Octane 45 is the way to go

If you want to focus on your 556, which will always have the sonic crack, then I suggest a can from Liberty, Silencerco/SWR, or AAC.

That said I would wait to get a dedicated rifle can rather than pull double duty on one can. The Octane 45 can shoot 45, 40, 9mm, 22, and subsonic 300blk. I suspect it can handle supersonic 300blk on a 16", but I'm not going to test it till someone with QuickLoad gives me some muzzle pressure numbers.

It may be worth asking some people in the class 3 section if you can join them shooting to hear what some of the cans and calibers sound like.
I hear ya man. Thanks for all the info!

As Lax has mentioned, in your situation it would probably be best to save up for 2 cans. 1 pistol (45) and 1 rifle (308).

Octane 45s are the gold standard right now for pistol cans.
Specwar 762s are pretty tough to beat for 308 too, price and performance wise. SDN6's are awesome for the size too.

That said, mystics are an all around awesome can. super quiet with 9mm and 22, handles 223 and super 300blk. If you can only manage one can, thats what I would go with.

Back
Top Bottom