• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Back surgery no joke

Wilson Combat Rules

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
352   2
Reaction score
I thought my 6 bypass surgery was bad. But the back much worse. And all I had done was the tins unit installed They cut you at your butt check. And top of back the unit goes in the but check and the spine piece goes up top and they clip it up oh yeah they also blow up your stomach. Oxycodin 10 just takes off the edge. I know I have misspelled words but I am on drugs.

My doctor advised me to try therapy with mine several years ago and do surgery as last resort and it’s worked pretty well! Little pain sometime but manageable with a stand back powder when I’m on my feet all day on training days! I can feel for you as mine was terrible for about 7 or eight months, slept in recliner when I was able to sleep! Praying for a complete healing for you!

I've never known anyone that has had back surgery and was 100% afterwards. Good luck.

That’s what I hear. Currently nursing a bad herniated disc. From what I’m told, you’re never 100% again once that happens. I’m only 40 and in very good shape. It sucks more than anything knowing I may not be able to do all the things I used to.

Just got back yesterday day from having hip replacement surgery on Monday. Got about a 10 inch incision along the side of my leg. Had a lot of pain until today, only had one pain pill so far. Doing my rehab exercises at home really well and I'll be going to a facility starting next Monday. Last and only surgery I had was an appendectomy in '97 which was a cakewalk compared to this! Wishing you a speedy recovery with your back surgery, hope all goes well!

That’s what I hear. Currently nursing a bad herniated disc. From what I’m told, you’re never 100% again once that happens. I’m only 40 and in very good shape. It sucks more than anything knowing I may not be able to do all the things I used to.

You will never be the same again. Your best hope is to stabilize what you have, learn to work with what you have, and try not to injure it again.

The need to accept less than full recovery is what is the most difficult for a very active person. What I had to do was define what I could do and what I should never try to do.

Rest and inactivity is THE most important part of recovering from an acute attack. Think weeks, not days to get over the injury and inflammation. Now, when I feel tightness coming on, I stop for the day. Where working 12 hour days was normal for me, 2 or 3 hours is all I got now. Some days, not even that.

I told my wife recently, "It seems the more I learn and understand, the less I can do. Soon I will know how to do everything, but will be unable to even get out of my recliner".

Take care of yourself and keep expectations from killing you.

Back
Top Bottom