• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

background check: delayed

No it cant, with a gwl they dont make that phone call, the licence is your backround check. You just have to fill out the form so they have it on record if the atf ever audits them. It only happens if the dealer is stupid and doesnt know the law, in which case find a new one

^This

No it cant, with a gwl they dont make that phone call, the licence is your backround check. You just have to fill out the form so they have it on record if the atf ever audits them. It only happens if the dealer is stupid and doesnt know the law, in which case find a new one
If you have moved and your GWL address doesn't match your current address on your DL, they most certainly can put a hold on it. Different stores have different policies. Happened to my brother.

I did not know this. Ive always had a background check done on me.

Yep, I have moved and my licence doesnt match my carry license anymore. Hasent for 3 years and I have had 0 issues and never had a shop make a phone call and I have used at least 5 different shops in those last 3 years for impulse buys. Youre just using a bad shop that doesnt know the law

I get delayed every time if I buy without my gwl, something up with my name. Pisses me off. Sometimes it might be random but for me there must be something throwing a flag.

The gwl makes it so much better, can't stand not taking it home day of. Especially at a gun show when the dealer may not be very local

It happens, if she has no criminal background it's probably because they were experiencing peak volume. Lots of people get delayed on black Friday and right before Christmas. Right now gun sales are high cause people are getting tax in. They should have given you a date to pick it up on.

I get delayed every time if I buy without my gwl, something up with my name. Pisses me off. Sometimes it might be random but for me there must be something throwing a flag.

The gwl makes it so much better, can't stand not taking it home day of. Especially at a gun show when the dealer may not be very local
Same here. EVERY TIME! I have the most common name on planet earth so I know why it happens in my case.

Back
Top Bottom