• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Backpack advise

B BillyDean check out Fieldline

https://fieldline.com/

I purchased a light weight day bag (Alpha Ops) over 3 years ago. Receipt gone... no proof of when I purchased.

It has a lifetime warranty and the bottom of the bag got a small tear from heavy use. I contacted them via email and they shipped me a replacement at no cost to me.

Sure it’s not super high end but the price and quality are hard to beat especially with the lifetime warranty.

There may be a few options that might work for you and I highly suggest taking a peek.

Be safe,

b67d4263697d7ca7c0c2b7494878f039.jpg

Yes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B BillyDean check out Fieldline

https://fieldline.com/

I purchased a light weight day bag (Alpha Ops) over 3 years ago. Receipt gone... no proof of when I purchased.

It has a lifetime warranty and the bottom of the bag got a small tear from heavy use. I contacted them via email and they shipped me a replacement at no cost to me.

Sure it’s not super high end but the price and quality are hard to beat especially with the lifetime warranty.

There may be a few options that might work for you and I highly suggest taking a peek.

Be safe,
X2

Billy, I don't know your exact application. If it's for office and travel use, I've been carrying a Targus almost daily for around 10 years. It still looks good, and everything works. Lifetime warranty, too. Now if you need a tactical pack, the guys above know their stuff. Good luck.

I have a Hill People Gear UTE for my backpacking pack. Very comfortable pack and great company (Two Brothers).

I have a Triple Aught Design (TAD) Fastpack Litespeed for my EDC. Like the modularity and overall design of the pack.

I have a Triple Aught Design Fastpack EDC for my SAR pack. Same as above but a bigger pack with a removable padded belt and framesheet to help with heavier loads.

I also have a Mystery Ranch Dragon Slayer pack that can be used for a overnighter if I have my mind right and don't overpack. It is a solid pack with a great suspension set up. I can use it for my SAR pack if I'm packing a heavier load (say in the winter).

I have had a few of the Kifaru packs as well and never had an issue. They are bombproof packs and they offer various options to fit your need.

All of these companies/packs are made here in the good old US of A. They are top tier companies and packs, made to hold up to anything you can throw at them. They do come at a cost, but there is no blowing out a seam or tearing the fabric while out in the woods (been there and done that). With that being said, I don't use them for books, laptops, or carrying a journal. Mine are all mission specific so to speak and can be used to load up and head to higher ground if a Red Dawn situation happens. In theory, either one of these packs will last me a lifetime, using them in any outdoor scenario that I will ever encounter.

Just looked up the Oakley Kitchen Sink. It appears to be a similar size and shape to the TAD EDC pack I mentioned. I scored one on EBay for a lot less than the retail price and couldn't tell it from new. It has a transporter tail that is removable, a removable padded belt, removable framesheet for support, made with Cordura (tough as nails), and US made.

Here is the EDC on the left and the litespeed on the right. Similar packs, the EDC is bigger though. Both come with the transporter tail that allows you to hold a helmet, rifle (bottom picture), jacket, etc...

d222c1fb41b1efef8d00da9bd87632c6.jpg

Litespeed-Tail.png

Back
Top Bottom