• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Backstraps down!! First suppressed kill!

24on48hunting

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Deer Hunting Junkie
215   1
Reaction score
My first suppressed kill! Got a nice doe at about 8:25. Shot distance was 100 yards.
300BLK. w/a 130gr Barnes TSX-it pole axed her.
It was pretty darn neat hearing the impact of the bullet.
AC46C3BC-AF55-476C-878E-7C2625FE7CCF.jpeg

A view looking back at my blind. Her white belly is visible at the bottom of the hill.
A861C603-A225-4E79-8612-9861DBCC1994.jpeg

Congrats. When I shot mine suppressed, it was so close I had to text my brother as ask if he heard the slap. Of course, a 308 AR at about 30 yards doesn't leave much of a time gap. How did the bullet preform on target besides being dead?

Congrats. When I shot mine suppressed, it was so close I had to text my brother as ask if he heard the slap. Of course, a 308 AR at about 30 yards doesn't leave much of a time gap. How did the bullet preform on target besides being dead?
Thanks, The bullet did quite well. Good expansion and a good sized exit wound. It entered at the base of her neck and exited just behind the opposite shoulder. Vitals were shredded and most likely a broken neck to boot! Exit wound was the size of a Kennedy Half-Dollar. Typical Barnes TSX performance-nothing less than stellar!

Nice, I'm getting ready to go back to 7.62x39 AR with a can over the 308 canned. Most of my shots are under 75yrd and there is a large weight (about 4 #) difference between the 2 guns. X39 HP is a nasty round on target and a lot of deer have fallen to it. Glad to know that there are people beside me hunting quiet out there.

Thanks, I guess there's some tape or whatever the camo is on the rail as well? It just looked like a really long can!

Back
Top Bottom