• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Backyard Chicken Farmers

I am a member on BYC, a goat forum, several cow forums, NUMEROUS gun forums, bee forums, a Dodge Charger forum (and I got rid of my Charger 6 years ago) and more homesteading/survival/etc forums. I get and delete their emails and that's all the time I have for, what w/ ODT taking up so much of my time!!!

LoL BYC, ODT, SMJ, El Camino Forums, F150Forums, Blokes, GSB, CustomFighters, TheVOG, Jeep Cherokees, Acura TL's, Lord knows how many i am forgetting. I usually remember every year at my birthday when they all email me "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

View attachment 728010 View attachment 728011 View attachment 728012 Went to the breeders today and picked up two new birds to replace the two that ended up being males. One is a started pullet Swedish Isbar and the other is a 2 week old Cream Legbar.
Are you going to breed Legbars? I'm guessing your Legbar is from the Greenfire Farms line? I had some Rhodebars from the GFF line and had really bad luck with them. GFF claimed that they were purebred Rhodebars from Europe, but something about them wasn't on the up and up. When I would hatch eggs from them I would get a yellow chick every once in awhile. That should not have happened. I had nothing but their "Rhodebars" at the time, so there was no chance of cross breeding. Somthing just wasn't right about the genetics of their "purebreds".
Also, most of the Rhodebar pullets had really messed up crooked toes. I had a BUNCH of them die on me too. Mostly the pullets. I ended up with a bunch of Rhodebar roos and very few hens. I was really excited about having an autosexing breed when I first got them, but I ended up getting really frustrated with them and moving on.

I am a member on BYC, a goat forum, several cow forums, NUMEROUS gun forums, bee forums, a Dodge Charger forum (and I got rid of my Charger 6 years ago) and more homesteading/survival/etc forums. I get and delete their emails and that's all the time I have for, what w/ ODT taking up so much of my time!!!
I lurk on a bunch of different forums and learn a lot of great stuff, but never seem to get around to joining any of them.
I WAS a member of GPDO until they kicked me off for talking bad about Muslims. That actually worked out for the best though, because that made me look for another Georgia based gun site and I ended up finding ODT, which as we all know, is the best site around!

Are you going to breed Legbars? I'm guessing your Legbar is from the Greenfire Farms line? I had some Rhodebars from the GFF line and had really bad luck with them. GFF claimed that they were purebred Rhodebars from Europe, but something about them wasn't on the up and up. When I would hatch eggs from them I would get a yellow chick every once in awhile. That should not have happened. I had nothing but their "Rhodebars" at the time, so there was no chance of cross breeding. Somthing just wasn't right about the genetics of their "purebreds".
Also, most of the Rhodebar pullets had really messed up crooked toes. I had a BUNCH of them die on me too. Mostly the pullets. I ended up with a bunch of Rhodebar roos and very few hens. I was really excited about having an autosexing breed when I first got them, but I ended up getting really frustrated with them and moving on.

I lurk on a bunch of different forums and learn a lot of great stuff, but never seem to get around to joining any of them.
I WAS a member of GPDO until they kicked me off for talking bad about Muslims. That actually worked out for the best though, because that made me look for another Georgia based gun site and I ended up finding ODT, which as we all know, is the best site around!

I actually only got the Legbar for the blue eggs. I picked up a Welsummer and a Marans for the dark brown eggs, got a Isbar for green eggs and then got a Cayuga for grey/black eggs. Just trying to add some color to our white and beige eggs.

Oh and also they are GFF line but they are from a local hatchery. I had purchased a chick from him a few weeks ago and as it grew something wasn't right. Turns out somehow one of his Legbars and one of his Marsh Daisies cross pollinated and i ended up with a Legbar body and a Marsh Daisy comb. Because of the mistake he gave me a new chick to replace it.

I end up joining them to ask a question and then am done. Although, BYC is a pretty informative site and I go back to it when I am bored and just want to learn stuff. I still want to figure out how to filter a duck pond so I can use all these pond liners that I bought.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

They just like to hang out in one area when outside

Back
Top Bottom