• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Backyard shooting - Anyone here lucky enough?

barrett50

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
19   0
Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you guys are lucky enough or know someone lucky enough to be able to shoot out in their backyard or anywhere else on their property, etc. (Hehe, if you can't tell, I'm trying to find some new friends) ;)

Living here in the Alpharetta / Cumming area, I just don't have that luxury. But when I go back home, it's great. I can just walk outside and empty a mag or 2 at target that have been set up down range. Can't beat that.

Wish there were more outdoor 100+ yard ranges at least here in N. GA. Really wish I could find somewhere to shoot 500 - 1000 yards if I wanted.

Just wondering how many of you guys are lucky enough or know someone lucky enough to be able to shoot out in their backyard or anywhere else on their property, etc. (Hehe, if you can't tell, I'm trying to find some new friends) ;)

Living here in the Alpharetta / Cumming area, I just don't have that luxury. But when I go back home, it's great. I can just walk outside and empty a mag or 2 at target that have been set up down range. Can't beat that.

Wish there were more outdoor 100+ yard ranges at least here in N. GA. Really wish I could find somewhere to shoot 500 - 1000 yards if I wanted.

Riverbend Gun Club.. too pricey for me... but that keeps us riff-raff out...

I am lucky enough to shoot out back. I just have some target stands at 50, 100, and 175 yds. and a couple of skeet throwers. I don't get cell phone service worth a crap and have to drive a bit to work, but living in the sticks has it's advantages.

Building one now. I can get away with my 22cals in backyard but start upsetting people on larger cals. I have land about 30 mins from my house where I'm building my range. Will be about 200 yards max but can shoot all day with no complaints. I plan on having multi stations with ability to use as firearm as well as switching to bow range. Big plans little budget!

I shoot from my porch down to the lakeside of my house, My neighbors are either weekenders or are likely to shoot with me from their decks. It's not much of a range, more of squirrel hunting range and decent for sighting in 22's for the purpose of bagging the nut gobbling birdseed thieves.

Back
Top Bottom