Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
77   0
Reaction score

Attachments

• Photo-0028.jpg
    Photo-0028.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 26
That will require a ball joint c clamp tool. Go to auto zone they will loan you one if you leave deposit amount of tool. You get your money back when you bring it back. You really need to use an air gun to put in in with but I've done it with a hand ratchet...just get a cheater bar! Good luck

Lol....I know what you mean! I've worked on cars for years...sometimes the simplest stuff can be complicated , for a few minutes anyhow! Good luck with that.
edit : now I feel like the dumbass! I just realized what you were asking ! Lmao ....just ignore me ! Lol

Last edited:
Hate press fit ball joints... I usually use a C-clamp and a couple large sockets (poor mans ball joint press). these days you can rent the actual ball joint press for free from oreily, makes things tad faster/easier.

Lol....I know what you mean! I've worked on cars for years...sometimes the simplest stuff can be complicated , for a few minutes anyhow! Good luck with that.
edit : now I feel like the dumbass! I just realized what you were asking ! Lmao ....just ignore me ! Lol

Don't worry, i'm never very clear :D

I got it in there. whew Even with the tool i had to rig something up.

I think i'll hold off on the other side ;)

oh yeah and screw you dodge :)

^^ some of them things can be a beeyatch ! I've taken a wire wheel and clean the inside of the hole real good when the joint is out...makes the new one easier to go in sometimes. I know what u mean with those presses, sometimes you end up using large sockets anyway. (Like what Fbobtrek says) . NOT A FAN OF DODGE EITHER !! Usually not a fan of anything I'm working on that gives me a hard time !! Lol....:mmph: ......

the best way to do it believe it or not is to take the rubber off, get an impact socket that will go around that metal rim on the new balljoint and a bottle jack. put the balljoint in the socket then set the socket on the bottle jack and line it all up under the control arm and jack it up till the lower control arm is just a little higher than parallel to the ground and get the biggest hammer you got and get your anger out on the control arm around the hole. and a little axle grease never hurt around the hole before hand

Back
Top Bottom