Ballistic Helmets and Body Armor - Possible Group Buy

Ballistic Helmet Group Buy?

• I'm in!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, thanks.

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And $350 for an 8.5 lb soft body armor vest? Way over priced and why wouldn't they offer rifle plates?

This is a fair point, it seems to be a more niche product. The helmets are what I’m interested in. The vests are a newer product, they are NIJ certified though and most of the other options particularly in that price range are not. I’ve spoken to several people and most prefer the hard armor plates for multiple reasons, but a few only want soft armor.

This is a fair point, it seems to be a more niche product. The helmets are what I’m interested in. The vests are a newer product, they are NIJ certified though and most of the other options particularly in that price range are not. I’ve spoken to several people and most prefer the hard armor plates for multiple reasons, but a few only want soft armor.
If I'm needing to put on an overt chest rig, pouches, etc with body armor, I want rifle plates and not soft armor. The primary purpose for IIIA soft body armor IMO is for concealment when trying to be low profile.

It's hard to get excited about $300+ Level IIIA helmets when PAGST/MICH/ACH helmets (also IIIA rated and a little heavier but with more coverage) are available under $100 to be honest.

There are many options, some are used, some are new, pricing can be $65 for a PASGT - right now - but those are used 1980's model helmets. If you want new and certified and don't want to spend $700-$1400+ this is a decent option. Not everyone wants or even needs a 30-40 year old helmet for $65 but for those who do, this option is available.

Since these are NIJ Certified they're great for LEO who want their own helmet or prefer a different cut or options as unless they use their own money they can't buy the Chinese-Knock-off's for $199 off Facebook or a used helmet that's 2-3 decades past their service life.

meant to reply to op

either way armor for most people is larping at best and big gay at worst

Lightning bolt?

lightningbolt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom