• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bamboo Poles or slats

I can dig it. And bamboo is everywhere. But believe it or not my landlord figured out how to get people to pay for it.

We still think of it as "exotic" since this is the first wave of it's spread thru the SE. The catch is finding the variety that you want, which is hit or miss if you just take some wild cuttings, and of course getting the clumping vs. running type, which will quickly get out of control.

I guess not the OP's problem since he just wants some structural pieces. On that wild will be good. There are bound to be some dead dry stalks laying around. They will be much lighter. Someone's cultivated stand won't.

Hi, can someone point me to the right direction as to where I can get 1 or 2 bamboo poles or slats? I need it to make kites for my nephew.
Thanks in advance.
Intersection of Highway 306 and Parks Road in Forsyth County; growing on right of way. Also sometimes you can find small diameter at Home Depot or Lowes in garden department, people use them for tomato stakes.

Intersection of Highway 306 and Parks Road in Forsyth County; growing on right of way. Also sometimes you can find small diameter at Home Depot or Lowes in garden department, people use them for tomato stakes.

I'll try to check it tomorrow. The one used for tomato stakes from home depot/lowes is just to thin when divided to half.
How about grabbing a fiberglass or carbon fiber rod from a hobby store, or maybe you can make an arrow from walmart/DICKS!!! work. Good luck!
I don't know how to make use of the fiberglass/carbon fiber with this project.

I will post the the final product here once I get a hold of the bamboo.

I'll try to check it tomorrow. The one used for tomato stakes from home depot/lowes is just to thin when divided to half.

I don't know how to make use of the fiberglass/carbon fiber with this project.

I will post the the final product here once I get a hold of the bamboo.

The large patch on Hwy 306 near Parks Road has a few that are dead/dried nearest the highway, may be what you want.

Back
Top Bottom