• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Banks, credit union or regular bank

Due to changes in the banking laws, when you put your currency into a bank, it is no longer yours and they do not really have to give it back on demand (read the fine print). You are investing in that bank and are taking all the risks the bank takes, including over leverage and derivative exposure. If they fail (and all will sooner or later) they can seize your funds for a bail-in.

Credit unions are marginally better, but but do seem to operate for the benefit of their member. However, they can fail too. The difference is academic when your currency purchasing value is zero.

Credit union all the way,I would be very unhappy if I ever had to put up with a big banks crap again. I used to use small local banks but The big banks would always buy them out even some I had already fired for being asses. I use Georgia united credit union.

I have been with Georgia's Own for several years now. Before paying them off, all my auto loans were through them. They have a fairly large atm network.
We left Wells Fargo when they started talking about fees on check cards. They backtracked and never did it, but it was too little, too late and we moved to a CU.

Back
Top Bottom