• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Barrel chamfering

J Rich

Default rank <750 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
50   0
Reaction score
I've seen people do 45 degree chamfer on 1911s with good results. So my question is has any done the same on a Glock barrel? What was the result?

Better get ready to rub some rust-preventative oil on it routinely if it chamfers through the ‘tennifer’ metal treatment they’re using these days. Low hanging fruit for increased mechanical accuracy would be going for an aftermarket barrel with more meat on the locking lug. KKM or a fitted Bar-Sto.

Any particular barrel you were thinking of camfering? What kinda accuracy is it producing at 25 yards and with what ammo?

Better get ready to rub some rust-preventative oil on it routinely if it chamfers through the ‘tennifer’ metal treatment they’re using these days. Low hanging fruit for increased mechanical accuracy would be going for an aftermarket barrel with more meat on the locking lug. KKM or a fitted Bar-Sto.

Any particular barrel you were thinking of camfering? What kinda accuracy is it producing at 25 yards and with what ammo?

1. I would have the barrel refinished after. Also thinking of fluteing or dimpling. It's the stock barrel.

2. I just don't like the barrel protruding from the end of the slide. And would hope for a little more accuracy.

3. Accuracy is not bad with just extensive internal polishing of stock parts. It could be better in the hands of a better shooter.

4. I mostly use ga-arms 165 or 180gr FMJ for practice. There ammo alway seems constant to me.

Try better quality ammo first to see what your current barrel setup can do.
The stock Glock barrel far exceeds the abilities of 99% of the shooters out there.

You might've heard the line "is not you.. it's me".... well... "It's not the gun... It's you".

You'll spend more on quality machine time, than you would on an aftermarket barrel. So if you just want it to look pretty,.. start shopping for a barrel.

If you're looking to improve accuracy, buy a case of ammo and hit the range. :thumb:

Ive done this to a few of my semi autos. My M&P9 got trimmed back where its flush with the end of the slide. Makes for a sleek look in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom