• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Barrel chop and rethread.

Send it to Taylor at Buhler Ballsitics.

Dude has been chopping scorpions since the first aftermarket handguards dropped. He's done more scorpions than probably anyone in the country.

Chopped mine to 4.5". It's perfect.

View attachment 2215381
Can he create a threaded barrel out of a regular one that’s not? Don’t want it chopped, just threaded.

I sent them a message and asked them about doing it for me, but he was a little hesitant to chop a scar barrel

I’m not sure. I had a buddy SBR his SCAR .308, but I think he bought the barrel directly from FN. IMHO, a .308 SBR SCAR sucks to shoot, especially suppressed. He had a 10”ish barrel with an SDN-6. Even outdoors it was gassy way beyond comfort, as I’d imagine any in that caliber would be. I’m not a SCAR fan because of that, but that comes solely from my own personal preference/experience. Not knocking them at all. I’ve never shot the 5.56 version though. Maybe that one would change my mind.

I’m not sure. I had a buddy SBR his SCAR .308, but I think he bought the barrel directly from FN. IMHO, a .308 SBR SCAR sucks to shoot, especially suppressed. He had a 10”ish barrel with an SDN-6. Even outdoors it was gassy way beyond comfort, as I’d imagine any in that caliber would be. I’m not a SCAR fan because of that, but that comes solely from my own personal preference/experience. Not knocking them at all. I’ve never shot the 5.56 version though. Maybe that one would change my mind.
That’s what I’m going with lol. Also, not sure if he knew about/did this, but the gas port size is user changeable to eliminate gas very easily. They come a bit overgassed from the factory. When mines done you’re welcome to come give it a shot

I talked with gunsmith at ga firing line and he said he would cut/thread/pin my scar 17 to 14.5” but wasn’t comfortable about doing my scar 16 to 10.5” because he didn’t want to give me back a gun that didn’t work. He didn’t want to mess with the gas ports.

I talked with gunsmith at ga firing line and he said he would cut/thread/pin my scar 17 to 14.5” but wasn’t comfortable about doing my scar 16 to 10.5” because he didn’t want to give me back a gun that didn’t work. He didn’t want to mess with the gas ports.
That’s kind of what made me uncomfortable. The gas ports are one screw ether in or out

Back
Top Bottom