• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Barrel threading

What is a rough guesstimate on having a barrel threaded for a suppressor?

Usually it’s $150, when you bring me a stripped barrel/barreled action. That includes recutting the crowning, and shortening when necessary.

If I have to disassemble/reassemble the rifle, or remove and remount an optic, there are added charges.

No sense in half-assing it, regardless of what type of muzzle device you plan on using. It’s either done right, or it’s wrong.

When it’s done right, it works with EVERYTHING.

When it ain’t done right, it works with SOME devices.

We index the threads off the bore, not the outside diameter. It’s not uncommon for factory rifles to have a bore that’s not in the center of the barrel. This ensures that the bore of the muzzle device is perfectly aligned with the center of the barrel. Not only is the important to prevent baffle/end cap strikes when using suppressors, it is conducive to better accuracy.

If you’re using a muzzle device that must be timed/indexed, and you bring us the muzzle device with the barrel, we will cut the threads so that the muzzle device lines up without having to use shims. I prefer my setups that way, when possible.
Pfft, self timing to the 12 and 6. Get 1 shot and a dust cloud to hide your getaway. **** they don't teach in sniper skool

Usually it’s $150, when you bring me a stripped barrel/barreled action. That includes recutting the crowning, and shortening when necessary.

If I have to disassemble/reassemble the rifle, or remove and remount an optic, there are added charges.

Any idea what it'd cost to rebarrel a sendero and thread it for a suppressor? 300 ultra mag.

Back
Top Bottom