• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bass from my pond...

geezer

Marines Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
781   0
Reaction score
I'm not a fisherman by any means, but I get lucky every now and then...This is from my private pond at the new(to us) house. Used a 4 inch live minnow with a bobber set at 3 feet deep, with a small weight half way down. We caught 8 good fish that day.
bass1.jpg
bass.jpg

About 8 lbs. We had a scale but it only went to 8 lbs, and this one pegged it. 24 inches long, may have been 21...I don't remember.

It's pretty much a mud hole...About an acre, and pretty shallow. Maybe 8 feet deep at the deepest, with about a third of it around 2 feet deep. But it's got some nice fish in it. We catch and release for now. I've got a snapper in there that's about 2 feet wide, with a head the size of a softball. He needs to go.

It's pretty much a mud hole...About an acre, and pretty shallow. Maybe 8 feet deep at the deepest, with about a third of it around 2 feet deep. But it's got some nice fish in it. We catch and release for now. I've got a snapper in there that's about 2 feet wide, with a head the size of a softball. He needs to go.

Time to call the Turtle Man! ;)

Sounds like a nice size snapper. Any snaps of it? :)

Back
Top Bottom