• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bass pro in cartersville?

You gotta catch their sales for the big stuff like rods and reels, but for line hooks etc I go to Academy.

Yep, Academy in Hiram has a decent fishing department, much better than most Wally Worlds. And I've been stopping by Nature's Tackle Box more and more as of late.

Late last summer I heard there was some delay involving the Corps of Engineers and some creek that is technically their domain needed to access the store. That was a while back so I just assumed the Emerson location was cancelled, but BPS site still mentions the store is being planned. No big deal for me since there is a Cabelas in Acworth.

I transitioned over to mostly Striper and catfish fishing many years ago so I don't buy much tackle anymore, but I've noticed lately several folks talking about prices being better as BPS than Cabellas. Does BPS really have better prices? When I used to shop both, they were pretty much dead even in pricing (several years ago).

I like BPS because they keep a decent saltwater fishing section, but the internet changed the world. I can compare prices and buy tackle online.

Do you ever hit the Outcast sale over in Pensacola? I still have stuff sitting in buckets from the last one I went to and that was over a year ago. My wife thinks I bought too much, but I look at it as I just haven't fished enough.

I like Outcast when I am over that way. I usually hit J&M in Orange Beach.

Yeah, we go to J&M more than Outcast but their sale is ridiculous. What I miss is Mo Shaver, he never had the biggest selection but he was always willing to help a newbie out. A stormy day sitting around his place was almost as good as being on the water. Haven't heard how he's doing lately.

Back
Top Bottom