Bass Pro Shop

herebyproxy

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
34   0
Reaction score
My wife had business in Macon a few days ago so I had her drop me off at BPS on the way (I had never been there before). I knew they sold guns so I figured I could burn an hour or so.

Gun shops are really busy these days judging from they several I've been in over the last several months but there was no one at the pistol counter. There were 2 sales guys behind the counter, one was texting and one was dusting. I noticed all the pistols on display had the price tags turned face down.......one was face up and the price was several percent above msrp.

Now I know why one was texting and one was dusting and no one was interested....lol

(Just a casual observation. Not meant to be another price thread)

The bass pro I ususally go to is almost always busy and I usually see several purchases going on. They can be a little pricey but people will buy from big box.

dude... I live in Macon.. That BPS is a great place to kill time and see the new stuff you plan to buy at Academy... It is the only BPS in the southeast with a clearance section though.. sometimes you can find deals back there. I usually pick up a few cheap lightweight rods from back there before trout season.

I wish the Lawrenceville BPS was less busy.... they usually have 4 or 5 people working the gun counter and a few on the floor helping answer questions.... I still have to wait for help....

dude... I live in Macon.. That BPS is a great place to kill time and see the new stuff you plan to buy at Academy... It is the only BPS in the southeast with a clearance section though.. sometimes you can find deals back there.

Exactly....LOL. I live less than two miles from the place. Buy a little reloading stuff there and clothing when it's on sale. Nice fish tank.........

Bring in a competitor Advertisement. BPS will meet it. I bought a Glock 17 there (Lawrenceville) for $499 with an Adventure Outdoors Ad. That was about $75 less than their price tag.

Their Sign on the doorway says they will not be undersold. They mean it, but it's up to you to make them.

Bring in a competitor Advertisement. BPS will meet it. I bought a Glock 17 there (Lawrenceville) for $499 with an Adventure Outdoors Ad. That was about $75 less than their price tag.

Their Sign on the doorway says they will not be undersold. They mean it, but it's up to you to make them.

I didnt know that! appreciae the info.. Im going to start making them match ads..

I agree on that BP has a great clearance section. I got a couple of reels there last time I was down there at almost 1/2 off. I was in the one in Lawrenceville Monday and it was packed.. Gun counter was 7 deep, good thing I dont buy guns.

I occasionally buy accessories and ammo there. But never a firearm. Hell, I only live a couple miles away from GA Gun Store AND Foxhole! :D

BPS is high as giraffe *****. My X-Bolt Medallion at Barrow = $799.99 Same exact gun at BPS = $929

Back
Top Bottom