Bass Pro Shop

I haven't purchased a gun from them since my first Glock 19 (I kick myself for selling it). I paid well over what I could get one now from a much smaller FFL dealer but I had just turned 21 and didn't know where else to buy. I've come a very long way in the last 7 years. Unless it's just a steal I'll likely never purchase a gun from BPS. Nothing against them just a bit on the expensive side.

I wish the Lawrenceville BPS was less busy.... they usually have 4 or 5 people working the gun counter and a few on the floor helping answer questions.... I still have to wait for help....

Yep. Every time I go in just to browse the guns, I have to wade through a sea of folks.

Last edited:
My experience with BPS in Macon sucked. The customer service at the Macon store is terrible. On the other hand:

Academy customer service is OUTSTANDING as well as their prices on guns and ammo.

Bring in a competitor Advertisement. BPS will meet it. I bought a Glock 17 there (Lawrenceville) for $499 with an Adventure Outdoors Ad. That was about $75 less than their price tag.

Their Sign on the doorway says they will not be undersold. They mean it, but it's up to you to make them.

I didn't even bring in the ad when I bought my Ruger SR22, just told them I'd seen it at Academy for less. They went and checked then matched.

Update: This was the Lawrenceville store

I agree about the higher prices. The store here in Savannah is usually busy. but never 2 or more deep.
The one thing they do cheaper than anyone locally is transfers. I'll order through Bud's and have it shipped to them and transfer for 25.00 plus no sales tax
You guys around Hotlanta have so much competition there are dealers that do transfers for free. You won't find that around here.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom