• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Batchelors groups ramping up.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of you guys getting some great batchelors group pics on your cams and was hoping to see some come my way.
Well something told me to wake up at 4:30am and look out my bedroom window so I did and saw nothing but I kept looking and after about 30 seconds a small basket 8 pointer comes into view followed by a smaller 6 pt and two spikes.
They were acting like teenagers and the biggest one jumped on the back of one of the spikes and acted like he was jumping him for a couple seconds then the spike turned around and raised up and threw a few kicks and they chased each other around before stopping to browse.
I think they heard some more deer coming because the bigger one postured
Up staring down the street and walked away while the rest followed.
I couldn't get any decent pics because they didn't come close enough to trip my motion light.
Nice to see they are around which means I'm sure some big daddy's will be coming through.
Gotta check my cam in the woods behind the house to see if anything big came through there.

Thx, caught a very small spike on the trail cam last night where I saw a mature bodied 6 point last year.
The small racked 8 pointer was pretty tall and looked pretty stout so if he's left alone this season he should be pretty impressive next season.

Last edited:
Just took this pic a couple min ago of three more spikes together outside my bedroom window.
A car coming up street chased them away.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 31
Finally got me a nice buck on camera.
Wish I could load videos or stills of videos but anyways appears to be an 8 pointer.
I'm pretty sure it was the big bodied, small basket buck I saw last year.
I got out of my stand quietly and he appeared 10 yards from me with his nose in the air after a doe that recently went by.
He is totally nocturnal except during the rut and I've ran across him at night several times in the past couple years.
Finally got him on cam and put out some protein pellets and a mineral block for some action videos.
Hopefully I can lure an entire batchelor group in......we shall see.
I've got the video on my phone bit doubt it will load here.
He appears to have roughly an 18-20" spread as he is wider than the 16" tree he was next to.
He should be real impressive next season bit he's still a shooter since I'm a meat hunter.

Back
Top Bottom