• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BCG

BCG Manufacturer is unknown. Gas key is not loose, and properly staked. Gas tube appears to be fine with no chips or rough spots or unusual wear...

8D252C41-9750-4927-A425-88871683E7E9.jpeg

Is it a new BCG? Could it have been damaged earlier and you failed to notice? Did you buy it from an ODTer who advertised it as new and unfired, but actually lied about it, as happened to me with a "new and unfired" barrel?

As the BCG moves forward, the only engagement of the gas key is as it slides over the gas tube. I would still try to ensure alignment of the gas tube, up/down and centered left/right, then remove the upper and manually slide the BCG in and out to watch and listen. If you remove the bolt from the BCG then repeat, you remove the bolt to feedramp engagement sound and contact, leaving just the gas key to gas tube engagement if you are listening and feeling for the interface. If the gas tube is forced into place, especially if using the delta ring assembly/barrel nut style, which can be more difficult to properly align and torque, the gas tube can be easily mispositioned.

If it looks like it is lining up properly, I would keep shooting it. It will either get worse and make the issue obvious, or simply prove to be a cheap part that won’t hold up.

what ammo were you shooting?

Back
Top Bottom