• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Be Cautious

Status
Not open for further replies.
At a meet this morning, a member with one positive feedback, tried to buy a handgun from me.......he turned out to be 19 years old. He argued that it was OK since it was to be a private sale. I adamantly refused the sale telling him he must be at least 21 years old to buy or otherwise posses a hand gun. Was I wrong?
your wrong...but it is your gun, so you can sell or not.. just remember, he can vote, he can join the military and carry a gun in ither countries and die for you if needed... but it all depends on the person. you made a call and it was a call only you can make...
but
old enough to vote, old enough to vote... that said, i wish you had to be 21 to vote....give them a few years to work and so how it affects them...

You can except cancellation if it’s agreed to by both parties , but you can refuse the deal as long as you make the meet. No one has to sail, buy or trade.
I get that. Been here long enough to understand how it works.

I still say he'd be right to leave a negative. It's on OP if he wanted to challenge it and and on y'all how to deal with that.

I mean, this would be no different than me showing up at a meet and saying

"oh I didn't know you was a Mexican, I don't sell to Mexicans so good day sir"

Maybe that doesn't meet ODT technical definition of a negative, but it would be deserved regardless.

At a meet this morning, a member with one positive feedback, tried to buy a handgun from me.......he turned out to be 19 years old. He argued that it was OK since it was to be a private sale. I adamantly refused the sale telling him he must be at least 21 years old to buy or otherwise posses a hand gun. Was I wrong?
Did you ask him before hand thru pm? I think you did right. I have definitely had some weird dudes lately making offers for stuff with no feedback or only one. I ask them a series of questions, if they don’t have the answers I need, I pass.

your wrong...but it is your gun, so you can sell or not.. just remember, he can vote, he can join the military and carry a gun in ither countries and die for you if needed... but it all depends on the person. you made a call and it was a call only you can make...
but
old enough to vote, old enough to vote... that said, i wish you had to be 21 to vote....give them a few years to work and so how it affects them...
No soldier in my lifetime died for me, only the banking military oligarchy.

I get that. Been here long enough to understand how it works.

I still say he'd be right to leave a negative. It's on OP if he wanted to challenge it and and on y'all how to deal with that.

I mean, this would be no different than me showing up at a meet and saying

"oh I didn't know you was a Mexican, I don't sell to Mexicans so good day sir"

Maybe that doesn't meet ODT technical definition of a negative, but it would be deserved regardless.

What if he is a fair skinned , green eyed Mexican, that can pass as a white guy, but has the Taco Bell chihuahua accent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom