• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bear Pugh

I'm not sure if this has already been posted or not but figured it couldn't hurt to get more people praying.
I've only every talked with Bear Pugh on here and thru facebook when he friended me. But he seems like a good man. Please pray for him and his family. If you have any info or updates please post them here.
Thanks
1coolhand
Prayers for healing.

Sorry for the long time between reports. I was over at Bear's last evening.

He is doing as well as can be expected at home. While he is back to being himself, talking on the phone is probably not in the cards just yet as his voice is still very weak. He and his wife are settling into their new routine with the in-home care.

The most difficult issue right now in the numbness he has, although the pressure ulcers are a close second. His voice is improving and some strength is returning, but he is still confined to the bed. He has lots of new cuts and bruises from the procedures, IVs, pokes and prodding that is typical from his experiences and there remains concerns about healing due to the diabetes and (somewhat dormant) MRSA.

What started this latest crisis was the heart attack he had. While the heart attack has not had any obvious effect on his current day-to-day, I believe that he will be somewhat weakened from the damage the attack caused. Additionally, the fact that he is only receiving medication as treatment will leave him more vulnerable to subsequent heart issues than if he were treated surgically.

Some have mentioned in this thread and approached me directly about what we can do to help. The good news is that Bear lives in a rental that includes lawn care, so most stuff around the house is on the landlord. The bad news is that money is extremely tight. With the care he needs, his wife must remain with him at home. If there is enough broad interest in financial support, something like a GoFundMe or other mechanism might be worth setting up.

I know that their car (98 Crown Vic) needs a front end alignment so it will stop eating up tires (it has had new ball joints put on), so if you are in the area (Bremen/Temple/Carrollton/etc.) and have access to an alignment machine let me know.

If you have access to a surplus laptop that still works it may help him get back on here sooner as using the tablet he has is too difficult right now.

Visits. If you live nearby and have a relationship with him, give his wife a call - or PM me here - and set up a visit. It would be better to know in advance rather than just dropping in, in case he has had a bad day.

Beyond these things, prayer. If that is all you can offer, it will be enough. I know that God hears all prayers and has a plan. Healing and peace will come, one way or another.

He is doing as well as can be expected at home. While he is back to being himself, talking on the phone is probably not in the cards just yet as his voice is still very weak. He and his wife are settling into their new routine with the in-home care.

The most difficult issue right now in the numbness he has, although the pressure ulcers are a close second. His voice is improving and some strength is returning, but he is still confined to the bed. He has lots of new cuts and bruises from the procedures, IVs, pokes and prodding that is typical from his experiences and there remains concerns about healing due to the diabetes and (somewhat dormant) MRSA.

What started this latest crisis was the heart attack he had. While the heart attack has not had any obvious effect on his current day-to-day, I believe that he will be somewhat weakened from the damage the attack caused. Additionally, the fact that he is only receiving medication as treatment will leave him more vulnerable to subsequent heart issues than if he were treated surgically.

Some have mentioned in this thread and approached me directly about what we can do to help. The good news is that Bear lives in a rental that includes lawn care, so most stuff around the house is on the landlord. The bad news is that money is extremely tight. With the care he needs, his wife must remain with him at home. If there is enough broad interest in financial support, something like a GoFundMe or other mechanism might be worth setting up.

I know that their car (98 Crown Vic) needs a front end alignment so it will stop eating up tires (it has had new ball joints put on), so if you are in the area (Bremen/Temple/Carrollton/etc.) and have access to an alignment machine let me know.

If you have access to a surplus laptop that still works it may help him get back on here sooner as using the tablet he has is too difficult right now.

Visits. If you live nearby and have a relationship with him, give his wife a call - or PM me here - and set up a visit. It would be better to know in advance rather than just dropping in, in case he has had a bad day.

Beyond these things, prayer. If that is all you can offer, it will be enough. I know that God hears all prayers and has a plan. Healing and peace will come, one way or another.

Thanks man. Will continue to pray, be glad to donate some cash or a nice weapon for an auction

I have a Laptop I'm going to take in the next few days. I am trying to get my Paypal account straight so folks can send money as a gift and I'll deliver it once a week or so. Tonight I spent a good bit of time talking to his wife, and we discussed the car. I really think I want to do a raffle and see if we can come up with enough money to buy her a small economical car? If anyone has a lead on something that fits the description, please let me know. I have most of the stuff for a nice AR and have spoken to @Shrek926 who has volunteered to build it for us. I really need a few of our members to help sell tickets and help with planning a M&G for the drawing. I am certainly not trying to take over and welcome any and all help, but I am concerned with not letting this fall to the wayside. I also have an old fundraiser link that I will try to reactivate over the weekend for those who want to donate that way. Please continue to Pray for them and feel free to contact me with any ideas.
God Bless you all, and May God give extra Blessings to mikeh25 mikeh25 !

Back
Top Bottom