• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beautiful Piebald Deer

when I was younger, and much more stupid, I had one at my stand....I did, in fact, shoot it, for no better reason than to show the others what I had seen.....I regret it to this day...I still have the hide(30+ years later)....I do not even like looking at it
Did you harvest the meat or just take the hide?

when I was younger, and much more stupid, I had one at my stand....I did, in fact, shoot it, for no better reason than to show the others what I had seen.....I regret it to this day...I still have the hide(30+ years later)....I do not even like looking at it

Well at least you have the hide. I shot a beautiful piebald 5 point when I was 19 and my cousin said I could keep it in his freezer until I took it to my taxidermist. Sometime the next week, he unplugged the freezer so that he could use that outlet and he forgot to plug it back in…Ruined the hide, everything. Just sickening…

He also ruined a 5 1/2 foot timber rattler I had in there. Probably the biggest timber I’ve ever seen.

I killed it because of what it was....I could have shot another doe at any time....I was not starving at the time
It provided. You definitely could have shot another doe, but from what I understand, these have genetic mutations that are not good to spread. You did a favor to the lineage, provided sustenance (you don't need to be starving), and have a great pelt.

Had an Indian tell me piebald were touched by God and an angelic
symbol to those who encounter them.
Anyone who shoots one is about to have their life disrupted.
As in finances,health,and divorce.
I've seen 2 from the road in the same area. Had permission to hunt 1/4 mile down the road but passed it up that year. The buck was a smaller 8 point.

She’s back!
1709005128271.gif

Back
Top Bottom