• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beretta 92S Italian Police Trade In's 9mm $289.99

Thats just the "S" not an FS. Great shooter either way.
Didnt matter to me that much until I read about the differences. Even then it's prob not anything to worry about unless you shoot like a Navy SEAL.
"You're not a Navy SEAL 'till you've eaten Italian steel."

Last edited:
Didnt matter to me that much until I read about the differences. Even then it's prob not anything to worry about unless you shoot like a Navy SEAL.

please explain??

do they use the same mags?

92S
In order to meet requirements of some law enforcement agencies, Beretta modified the Beretta 92 by adding a slide-mounted combined safety and decocking lever, replacing the frame mounted manual thumb safety. This resulted in the 92S which was adopted by several Italian law enforcement and military units. The later relocation of the magazine release button means these models (92 & 92S) cannot necessarily use later magazines, unless they have notches in both areas.

Palmetto says they use 92fs mags

Last edited:
The 92SF has a larger slide retention feature. The S mechanism was the one that had failure issues. If it failed the slide would fly back into the shooters face.

Supposedly it was caused by hot SMG loads that the military was using. I had a 92S and an SF. You could see the difference if you pull the slide and compare them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom