• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best .223 round for deer?

All your calibers and guns suck. None of you know anything about hunting.

My Caliber is better than yours. You should only take head shots. No only heart and lung shots.

I only shoot deer in the buttocks as they are running from me carrying their compadres on their back and I get full penetration with a daisy red rider.

www.schnitzelbahn.com_storage_hoffsicle.jpg_930562114744917d9118e3e8643194a6.jpg

Sounds like the GON campfire
All your calibers and guns suck. None of you know anything about hunting.

My Caliber is better than yours. You should only take head shots. No only heart and lung shots.

I only shoot deer in the buttocks as they are running from me carrying their compadres on their back and I get full penetration with a daisy red rider.

www.schnitzelbahn.com_storage_hoffsicle.jpg_930562114744917d9118e3e8643194a6.jpg

A neck shot isn't always a sure thing. Deflating the lungs or hitting a chamber in the heart is......
Besides, tracking one after the shot is a part of the hunt.
I've followed some tough blood trails in my hunting career and those deer are the ones that stand out in my memories.
Amen, lung shots for me only if I don't screw it up. 6-7 deer down every year I've never had one hit in the lungs run very far. Heck I've seen them run 80 yards being shot in the heart. Deer are some tough critters.

You know something is wrong when people actually think that tracking an animal after shooting it is normal. DJD
Being a bow hunter for years I always had to track mine. With a gun if you are tracking too many deer it's time to get back on the range and find out how to shoot!

Back
Top Bottom