• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best and worst gun stores in northeast ga

Since this is active again....

I had mixed results at Bullseye in Lawrenceville - used the range and made some purchases there. Sometimes you get nice people and other times you get the guy that views you as an annoyance. As Forrest Gump said "...you never know what you're gonna get." They have a lot of stuff on display and will have good prices. It's usually busy so I'd go in at off peak hours and most of the time I got better service then.

Mikes gun room in Winder was good. Not a big place - but seems like good people.

I went to Clyde's during the ammo scarcity of 2009. I wanted to buy 2-20 round boxes of ammo for my then new S&W 40 shield. They stead fast refused to sell me 2 boxes being told they were needed for their "customers" who bought guns. I though, but I'm standing here,
i'm a potential customer? Note I was in Athens for a on business and this was my first time in Clyde's and with CASH in hand no less? I want 40 rounds of 40 S&W so I must be a turd since I didn't want to buy a gun. I will support the local shop but not if they act like this. Regardless of the market the message was that they did not want my money. There was no line of people buying guns to get ammo. And I didn't buy anything that day and I will not buy anything form them ever!

David's gun room. I think all they sell is Gold, orso they think so. I have been in there and always had sticker shock!!! They price EVERYTHING at, and most stuff over MSRP. So you know the deal.

I do support my small shop; Deaton's in Loganville. Hilltop pawn in Snellville. Both great places!!
I haven't been in a good while but I always had great dealing with Chris at Mr. Pawn on Lawencville Highway.
Another is Elite Pawn in Conyers. They have great prices and will always shave a bit for a cash paying customer.
Bullseye can have some good deals now and again. I won't shoot on their indoor range EVER!! They are just a high volume busy place. They should probably have a separate area just for the range, but they don't have that option. I get it, they are busy and getting waited on can be a chore at times, but to be fair they do a good job if you go in with that expectation. High volume, very busy. it's going to take time even if all you want is a box of ammo.

I was once told that a gun shop will go broke if they cater to Cop's, Preacher's and Trap shooters. I think we can ODT'ers to that list. LOL!

Anyone a range member at AO? I’m trying to get that shockwave at “Range Member Pricing”
6412a66c313a5d1f782313bc76e39220.jpg

bullseye recently "upgraded" and charges more, but not much more. and i assume you can still go see suicides there, as there is still no RSO.

Last time I was there, they still had the massive 13" b&w tv on the counter to monitor the range. However I never saw anybody look at it and I have been in there a lot over the years.

You'll leave in a depressed state of mind.

Franklins has a lot of stuff on display and you can walk around and check out the new & used ones at your leisure. I never bought anything there so I cannot comment on their sales service. Prices didn't that great when I was looking...

Back
Top Bottom