• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best AR Manufacturer

Best AR manufacturer?

• Total voters

Hunng

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
83   0
Reaction score
So many varying opinions on AR makers on this forum, who do you think makes the best DI AR?

Whatever reasoning you have, please state it, if not, ok too!

Colt

BCM

Daniel Defense

KAC

Larue

LMT

Wilson Combat

PSA

Smith & Wesson

Bushmaster

DPMS

Ruger (AR-556)

Stag Arms

Rock River

Noveske

Wyndham Weaponry

Forgot to add Noveske to the poll

Last edited:
It would be hard to answer that without having an experience with them all. My experience with different manufacturers is very limited. However, of the few that I have used, I've really like the Rock River setups. Most people wouldn't consider them the best, but I think they are pretty smooth. I also have NOT fired some of the "high end" AR's, as most would consider them i.e. Daniel Defense, BCM, LMT, etc.

BCM builds the best in my opinion on your list. That said, if I was going to own only one it would be a Colt.

BCM best "milspec" for the buck. Colt, equal to better slightly quality, and has the pony that helps to re-sell if you ever want to.

Agreed.

Noveske and Knights Armament if you are truly looking for "best".

Touchy subject on this forum. At least half of those you listed are overpriced and IMO, it's because of the name on the side of them. Some of them may use "better" materials or internal components, but I don't think most end users will see much benefit from having one made from 7075 T6 aluminum versus one made from 6061.

Honestly, I don't have enough personal experience with most of those listed to actually form my own opinion of which is better or which is best. At this point, I can only make assumptions based off what I've read on the internet or heard from other people.

I believe they all make a similar tool that is more than adequate for most people. Any of them can fail. They are all mechanical devices built by people.

Touchy subject on this forum. At least half of those you listed are overpriced and IMO, it's because of the name on the side of them. Some of them may use "better" materials or internal components, but I don't think most end users will see much benefit from having one made from 7075 T6 aluminum versus one made from 6061.

Honestly, I don't have enough personal experience with most of those listed to actually form my own opinion of which is better or which is best. At this point, I can only make assumptions based off what I've read on the internet or heard from other people.

I believe they all make a similar tool that is more than adequate for most people. Any of them can fail. They are all mechanical devices built by people.

Using better components and materials costs money, regardless whether you use them or not. Are Ferrari's overpriced? No, not for what you get and the quality of craftsmanship that goes into the build. You can certainly buy a functional car cheaper though.

Back
Top Bottom