• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

It has been a while since anyone posted in this thread, but at least there was a post THIS YEAR!!
I have had the opportunity to try a relatively new Tennessee Whiskey and a new bourbon.
The Tennessee Whiskey is Uncle Nearest. I liked it quite a bit. The rye content is low, 8%, so there is not much of a rye burn. It is a good whiskey to try that will not break the bank if you don't like it. But, I would be willing to bet you will.

The bourbon is Longbranch. It is made by Wild Turkey, and is filtered once through charcoal and once through Mesquite. A very smooth bourbon that is good neat or over a couple cubes of ice. If you are expecting the 101 Wild Turkey taste....you will be disappointed. Again, it will not break the bank to try it.

I am still of the opinion that Four Roses Single Barrel is the best tasting, smoothest drinking Bourbon you can buy for under $50.

I’ve recently been drinking some Bellemeade too (spelling?) and it’s not bad (but in the same price point).

I’ve had a 2oz serving of Pappy and it was great. But for the money - I would rather have the Four Roses (single barrel).

Back
Top Bottom