• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best chainsaw brand

I’ve had a Huskvarna 455 Rancher for 10 years. No matter how long it sits between seasons or whatever, outside under a table…she’ll start up.
My Stihl and old Homelight will to. I know Husky is good, I don't even think they were main stream when mine were bought. At least I don't remember them being in the store when mine were bought. I did look up Husky, apparently they've been making saws since 59

I bought a still 036 at a pawn shop for 150.00 back in the late 80-early 90s.
Got it home and the oil tank leaked.
Took it back within 2 hrs and the guy said he would refund my money in full or give me back 75.00 and I keep the saw.
I kept the saw and jb welded the tank after a good de greasing.
At the time I heated with wood only, so it got some use.
That saw ran till about 5 years ago.
I wish I could buy the exact saw new today.

Closest thing to that saw new today is an ECHO 620P, which is a dang good saw.

I’ve had about all of them at some point or another.
00cda86b5e09d0ffa3aaa902523c75f0.jpg

ECHO has really stepped up in their professional saw offerings over the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hard to beat the 'professional' line of Husqvarna's. That's all I have, and ever will have. The 'XP' series of saws is Husqvarna pro line. I now have two, a 372XP and a 550XP. Had a 272XP that was stolen (or sole by my ex wife, one of the many reasons she is now 'EX'). Anywho, the 372XP is for felling large trees and cutting big diameter stuff. The 550XP is for limbing. 24" bar on the 372 and 16" on the 550.

I saw a Husqvarna tripple 9 (model 999) for sale in a Valley, AL pawn shop a few years ago. That thing was a beast! It had two bars with it. The short one was 4' long. The long one was six feet long!! Biggest saw I have ever saw with my own eyes, east of California anyway.

Back
Top Bottom