• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best cheap/value free float rail?

BamaFan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
340   0
Reaction score
I know you get what you pay for and I'm not cheap but I've got a 9mm AR plinker that needs a 12" - 15" rail. I don't need top quality but don't want to spend any more than necessary for what amounts to an aesthetic hand guard. Suggestions?

I used a UTG PRO for my .22lr upper. They are free float and come in various different lengths.

I know a lot of people like to call UTG “airsoft junk” but it has worked fine for me.

238ECA0A-C8CF-4708-A525-133660EB209B.jpeg

The lightest cheap aluminum rails I see on the internet are the guntec ultralight rails. I’m considering gittin one but I’ve read a few bad reviews on guntec though. It looks like guntec might have a new and improved design just out.

Does anyone have experience with one of the guntec rails?

I built a couple of cheap ARs (if you consider a Colt M4 lower as cheap) and used the 15" M-Lok Slant Pro Handguard from Delta Team Tactical. They were around $50 each on sale. Today, they are $88.99 but, if you want a cheap barrel to go with it, you can get the same handguard/rail with a 16" Davidson Defense 5.56 barrel for about $11 more ($99.95 - https://www.deltateamtactical.com/X...bo-Deal-On-Sale-For-24-Hours-Only_p_6182.html). Pics below of two of my "farm use" ARs with the Delta Team Tactical handguards:

two_cheap_ARs_farm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom