• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best "Do All" trigger?

bevans

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
111   0
Reaction score
I need to upgrade an AR Mil-Spec trigger on a "Do All" HD carbine. I've used LaRue MBT-2S in the past and have been happy.

However, LaRue increased their Trigge price today from $87 to $112 before shipping. This gets close, price-wise to the Geissele G2S that I can pick up locally.

I've never run a Geissele trigger but am open to it. I'm currently looking at the LaRue MBT-2S or Geissele G2S, but am willing to jump up to the SSA or Super DynamicCombat if the trigger fits the role and justifies the price.

Looking for reliability above all else and opinions on a good "do all" trigger.

I need to upgrade an AR Mil-Spec trigger on a "Do All" HD carbine. I've used LaRue MBT-2S in the past and have been happy.

However, LaRue increased their Trigge price today from $87 to $112 before shipping. This gets close, price-wise to the Geissele G2S that I can pick up locally.

I've never run a Geissele trigger but am open to it. I'm currently looking at the LaRue MBT-2S or Geissele G2S, but am willing to jump up to the SSA or Super Dynamic 3 Gun if the trigger fits the role and justifies the price.

Looking for reliability above all else and opinions on a good "do all" trigger.
I accidentally bump fired a geissele 3g trigger easily. I really like the ssa and ssa-e. mbt-2s hard to beat even at a slightly higher PP.

I just looked back at the "Geissele Pick my trigger chart" and I meant the Super Dynamic Combat... Not the Super Dynamic 3 Gun.

Looks like SSA and Super Dynamic Combat are both 2.75-3lbs first stage and 1.5-1.75lbs second stage. Only difference appears to be SSA is curved and SDC is Flat

I'll update original post
both are great! have a few.

Can you tell any difference between the SSA and SDC, would you say you have a preference? I've never shot a flat trigger. I've read they are "supposed" to feel lighter and allow faster reset for quicker follow-up shots. Not sure if it's true or marketing but, I dig the look of the flat face.

Thanks
I like the flat face, came stock on my Q rifle. price being the same, i'd take the flat over the curved on feel and looks alone. that being said, i got a deal on 2 ssa-e's on the ODT a few years ago for 150/ea. and i have an old ssa with thousands of rounds on it...that is just slick as can be. can't really go wrong with either. OR the mbt-2s.

Can you tell any difference between the SSA and SDC, would you say you have a preference? I've never shot a flat trigger. I've read they are "supposed" to feel lighter and allow faster reset for quicker follow-up shots. Not sure if it's true or marketing but, I dig the look of the flat face.

Thanks
as for difference...of the 3 ssa-e triggers i have, 2 feel identical, and one is heavier than a ssa. very crisp but heavier. like 99% sure I don't have the heavy spring on it, but it is the one with the least rounds on it. and by heavier, i mean maybe .5lb more in the 2nd stage. if shooting with any speed...not noticeable.

Flat vs curved is a personal choice. The only way that it makes the trigger feel better in any way is if YOU think it does.

There is no wrong choice. The style that feels best to you is the correct choice for you.

For instance, I prefer curved on my general purpose AR’s, and flat on my precision rifles.

The curved trigger tends to force your finger towards the center of the trigger. For me, this is the best style for long, fast strings when I’m ramming the trigger over and over. When I want to run the gun fast and hard, and concentrate on a lot of important tasks that AIN‘T the trigger, I want a curved trigger. Those tasks might be where my next piece of cover is, where my partner(s) is(are), where/what the threats are, do I stay or do I go now (add appropriate music to that last task), communications, and a helluva lot more.

A trigger is basically a lever. The further out on the end of the lever you get, the more leverage you have, and that can make the trigger feel lighter than it is. A flat trigger helps me get on the end of the trigger, and stay there. This works better for me for slower strings of fire, when I’m trying to be precise, and I’m concentrating more on the trigger itself.

YMMV, this is what works for ME, and I never buy a trigger for looks.

Back
Top Bottom