• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best drag strips in Ga?

I ran my '05 GTO at Sliver Dollar for awhile. Haven't been for a few years now. Stopped going when my ET got low enough to require a roll bar to race. Car is too nice to chop up the interior for a bar installation. No point in going back if I can't try to improve ET. Catch 22. :D

View attachment 1849526

I never understood going fast yet afraid to buy safety equipment. There is a 1320 video from the last 3-4 weeks of a guy who split a fox body Mustang in half. He sort of walked away but ended up in the hospital. It is 3 minutes worth watching. My last hard core street car (years ago)had a 6 point bar and race seats with real seat belts.

I never understood going fast yet afraid to buy safety equipment. There is a 1320 video from the last 3-4 weeks of a guy who split a fox body Mustang in half. He sort of walked away but ended up in the hospital. It is 3 minutes worth watching. My last hard core street car (years ago)had a 6 point bar and race seats with real seat belts.
You misunderstood what I said. Cost is not the reason I don't want to install a bar/cage. My fourteen year old GTO only has 23,000 miles; and still looks like new. They aren't going to make any more like it; so I'm not ready to chop the interior so I can run it faster....especially in events that are for fun only, and offer nothing in return.

GTO Signature Interior.jpg

Back
Top Bottom