• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

best gift knife-under 20 bucks

I bought 5 to give out as Christmas gifts, paid $21 each off ebay. I plan on getting myself one to carry when I ride
solid

i normally carry a spyderco but it certainly doesnt have to be a 90 dollar knife to be just as useful. at 21 bucks and its quality then why not

i like knives, but IMO most are way overpriced for quality and what you will use them for unless you are in one of those industries (in which case you are probably better getting a utility box cutter style knife).

but i like cool designs and things that are useful for an economical price. given most people may use a knife a few times if that in a month, ive narrorwed it down to 2 knives i give people as gifts

the first is the spyderco bug. its from their cheaper slipjoint (nonlock) made in china but man is this thing awesome. at around 12 bucks it fits perfect on a keychain and is ****in sharp. despite not having a lock you have to want to open this thing (so no accidental opening) downsize is because its so small and fits on a keyring you can easily forget its there and take it through security checkpoints (but because its so small and easy to not see it can get through them pretty easily but please dont ever intentionally try it)

the other knife i give people are opinels. these are traditionally french i think and feature a unique twist locking mechanism. they are stupid sharp and the handles are rounded and wooden/plastic. this makes them excellent for camping or fishing as they float. the blade is sharp but also quite thin, this makes it mostly good as a filet, wine and cheese knife, or for opening small packages, cutting lines, etc. not a workhorse so to speak but at or around 15 bucks it makes an awesome addition or present. women especially seem to really like them so i give one to all my girlfriends

https://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Sli...=spyderco+bug&qid=1551363339&s=gateway&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.com/Opinel-Stain...ywords=opinel&qid=1551363357&s=gateway&sr=8-6

anyone got any other cool knife gift ideas??
Kershaws on EBay can be bought for under. $20 one I carried for about 5 years was. $18

A Schrade Sharpfinger is a good fixed blade for around $20. There are numerous variations of them too.
37E96178-F031-4BA0-9830-16E3E85F0797.jpeg

Reactions: Nat
I’ve become a fan of MTech knifes. Solid, decent shapes and sizes. Cheap, like 7-11 cheap, but very solid knives.
Just picked up an Evolution Tanto that is very nice.

Good knife to beat the hell out of and very easy to sharpen. For the price..

Attachments

• 0F7FDA58-73AA-4922-BF11-1CC9427F0940.jpeg
    0F7FDA58-73AA-4922-BF11-1CC9427F0940.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 29
Good knife to beat the hell out of and very easy to sharpen. For the price..
the aus-8 is the same steel the outdoor edge is made out of that someone mentioned earlier in this thread

i bought the outdoor edge, super like the steel/blade plus the rubber grips are nice

the aus-8 is the same steel the outdoor edge is made out of that someone mentioned earlier in this thread

i bought the outdoor edge, super like the steel/blade plus the rubber grips are nice

It’s really a nice steel for the price point. I own better knives for sure but if you put a good edge on one of these it’s a solid knife and is suitable for a lot of task you would use a folder for. Locks up tight.

Back
Top Bottom