Best Guitarist You Ever Saw in Person

The best guitarist I've seen in person was Phil Taylor of Motorhead. Charlotte 2011. But THE best guitar picker of all time and the one I would play just like if the magic guitar genie asked me would be/is David Gilmour of Pink Floyd. His work on cuts like "Comfortably Numb" " Mother" and my all time fave "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" just can't be beat.

I had the fortune to be cozy with SRV and Double Trouble in my youth.
Watched them rise.
I was backstage the night SRV met Bowie and got his big break.
Great days and a sorely missed artist.
I read the book on SRV. And it stated that Bowie put a screw job on Stevie. When the video came out for "Let's Dance" Bowie screwed him out of being in the video and pretty much took credit for Stevie's guitar work.

My fave SRV tracks have to be "Chage It" and "Texas Flood".

I saw that Maiden tour (listening to Somewhere in Time right now). Yeah Wingnut's a bore.

Yeah that was one of the last things I saw at the Omni. About halfway through the set he caught a feedback that rattled the arena. By then people up front were throwing cups and anything else they could find at him.

Whoever said Prince first gets a point. I agree he is damn good. A real ****ing flake but good nonetheless .

Best I've ever seen in person was Van Halen (Diver Down Tour) at the Omni.

When I was about 7 (1971ish), I had an experience that didn't mean much then but it sure does now. My uncle was good friends with the Grand Ole Opry crowd back in the late 60s-early 70s. We were visiting my grandparents in Hot Springs NC one weekend. My uncle showed up with Johnny Cash. We have a recording on cassette tape of My grandfather playing banjo and Johnny Cash playing guitar ...Recorded ON my grandparents front porch by my aunt...Priceless family treasure. I haven't heard it in years, but I remember one of the songs was Cripple Creek. Papaw played that a lot.

Best I've ever seen in person was Van Halen (Diver Down Tour) at the Omni.

When I was about 7 (1971ish), I had an experience that didn't mean much then but it sure does now. My uncle was good friends with the Grand Ole Opry crowd back in the late 60s-early 70s. We were visiting my grandparents in Hot Springs NC one weekend. My uncle showed up with Johnny Cash. We have a recording on cassette tape of My grandfather playing banjo and Johnny Cash playing guitar ...Recorded ON my grandparents front porch by my aunt...Priceless family treasure. I haven't heard it in years, but I remember one of the songs was Cripple Creek. Papaw played that a lot.

You had better put that on a CD.

Back
Top Bottom