Best Guitarist You Ever Saw in Person

OHHH I forgot to mention this guy because I really don't like Country music...but I did see Willie Nelson once back in the 80s...he's pretty freaking awesome on acoustic.

Chet Atkins, Tommy Emmanuel, Steve Howe, Dimebag Darrell, Tony Iommi.

Would have liked to see Chet Atkins, Tommy Emmanuel is awesome as well. Would have really liked to see Jerry Reed, probably the most underrated guitar player ever (learning to play his stuff is very challenging, just like Chet).

I do appreciate your range there with Howe, Dimebag and Iommi!

Best I've ever seen in person was Van Halen (Diver Down Tour) at the Omni.

When I was about 7 (1971ish), I had an experience that didn't mean much then but it sure does now. My uncle was good friends with the Grand Ole Opry crowd back in the late 60s-early 70s. We were visiting my grandparents in Hot Springs NC one weekend. My uncle showed up with Johnny Cash. We have a recording on cassette tape of My grandfather playing banjo and Johnny Cash playing guitar ...Recorded ON my grandparents front porch by my aunt...Priceless family treasure. I haven't heard it in years, but I remember one of the songs was Cripple Creek. Papaw played that a lot.
Hek yea put that on cd. If there is a way it would even cooler if you post it up here afterward.

#1- Duane Allman hands down. No one can ever touch him. You guys don't know what you're missing.

#2- Jimi Hendrix

#3- Johnny Winter. He's the only guy I ever saw that could play rhythm, lead and slide all at the same time.

Skydog is one of my main influences!! Derek Trucks is coming along in the same kinda lineage...

Ive seen so many great guitarist, from dimebag, Iommi, kerry king, jeff hanemman, iron maiden, jerry cantrell, george thorgood, zack wylde, dickie betts, derek trucks, slash. The list goes on, but I think my most favorite was bb king. Him and george thorgood jammed out togther too. Man it was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom