• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Pistol Primers?

Beerman

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
There are alot of Primers out there. I was wanting your input to see what everyone was using. I will be using small primers for 9mm with 115 -147gr projectiles. Suggestions, comments and (with this group of guys ) smart ass answers will even be taken into considerations. :D Thanks..

I have used them all and I've only had one FTF. That was with a remington small pistol. I don't know where everyone gets that federals are soft? Federal makes CCI primers.

Where did you find this information?

Federal has always had a different feel than any CCI primer that I've personally used. Lee has always warned against using Federal in their original hand primer, while recommending CCI? I'm fairly sure CCI actually manufactured their own primers. They have changed hands a few times over the years, but I thought they still had government contracts as an actual manufacturer, not simply a supplier of someone else's products.

I'll use CCI pistol primers, but I don't like the Federals due to how they feed through my priming tools or their bulky packaging.

Where did you find this information?

Federal has always had a different feel than any CCI primer that I've personally used. Lee has always warned against using Federal in their original hand primer, while recommending CCI? I'm fairly sure CCI actually manufactured their own primers. They have changed hands a few times over the years, but I thought they still had government contracts as an actual manufacturer, not simply a supplier of someone else's products.

I'll use CCI pistol primers, but I don't like the Federals due to how they feed through my priming tools or their bulky packaging.

Federal, CCI, Speer, RCBS, Alliant Powders and more are part of the ATK Group.

http://www.atk.com/corporateoverview/corpover_securitysporting.asp

Although they are made on the same manufacturing lines there are SOME differences, but not a lot. I too hate the federal packaging! You definitely won't have a chain reaction with those! The primers though are first class. I pretty sure it was a fairly recent merge. (Maybe Late 2010. could be wrong)

Anyone know where I can find some CCI small pistol primers??? Everyone around me is out. Moss, Army navy Stockbridge, even Bass pro in Al was out. Wth is going on with the primers??

Back
Top Bottom