Best Survial Knife (A Must Have!)

I have my dad's USAF pilots knife from Vietnam (He was Navy CB- go figure) and bought another from a guy in Kennesaw about 10 years ago for $10 shipped. They're great knives with good steel, come with a sharpener, a good sheath and are even made to be lashed to a pole for a spear.

They are great!

-But the steel is hard to sharpen. I bought a set of nice lansky diamond stones and worked and worked. It is sharp now, but it took a long time. My cousin has a knife sharpening machine with a big belt and it wouldn't touch that hardass steel.

I have the ultimate in top notch, king of knives! I just lucked into a genuine, EXTREMELY rare east European AK47 Bayonet. LOL! And I've been working with it for 3 days off and on trying to get a good edge on it. Well... :|

Thanks to my great friend passdboolits I now have an ESEE Junglas, and RAT7 in my gear.

The Junglas is quite possibly the greatest large blade I have ever held, and the RAT7 by Ontario is on my get home bag. Both are US made, and of the highest quality I've encountered in years.

You too have the Gerber this thread started with don't ya?

Target....blah....has them for $44. Just saw them there this weekend.

Thanks to my great friend passdboolits I now have an ESEE Junglas, and RAT7 in my gear.

The Junglas is quite possibly the greatest large blade I have ever held, and the RAT7 by Ontario is on my get home bag. Both are US made, and of the highest quality I've encountered in years.

Nice choices! :first:

I hope it is an older RAT-7; EESE parted with Ontario over Ontario's decision to outsource overseas. EESE insisted on American made products and they are doing it at competetive prices. Ontario still makes the RAT-7, but it doesn't carry EESE's unconditional lifetime guarantee....not that you need to worry about a warranty claim on their products!

You too have the Gerber this thread started with don't ya?

Target....blah....has them for $44. Just saw them there this weekend.

Yep, and JT has the folder.

You've got the RAT7 what's your opinion (considering not long ago you thought ChinA made Winchester knives were high quality.)

Thinking of this a little differently. I think this would have more uses. Sharp as a razor, too.

Attachments

• PICT0272.jpg
    PICT0272.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom