• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best way to fish heavy lilypads? Tribble Mill

militaryrednek

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
75   0
Reaction score
so ive hit up Tribble Mill 3 times last week (in between the rain lol) and had a blast paddling around in my new kayak and fishing. anyone whos been there knows right now there are thick lily pads all around the lake. my best luck has been underneath the bridge back in the shallows, 4 feet or so and shallower. been catching them off the shore and on the edge of the pads on weightless worms twitched a foot or two underneath the surface, and a few reaction bites right when it hits the water. i know the big ones got to be hiding way underneath the pads and working on a way to get them. ive tried multple frogs/weightless worms (trick worms and others) on the surface running over the pads with not so much as a nibble from anything. i was thinking i might try a big ole worm/lizard (10 incher plus) on a good size weight, cast out into the pads and just jiggle it on the bottom. ive never been much of a jig user, never had luck on them except for smallies out in texas. any tips or tricks would be appreciated! i always look forward to trying new things fishing.

need to make a trip to bass pro, get some 20lb line if i end up wanting to try the big ole worm/lizard in the pads lol. and they are the only ones around i can find my line at (P-line).

oh, and kayaking tip of the day....put sunscreen on your legs. i just learned that the hard way! ouch sunburn! lol

30 lb line with a weedless frog or pig n jig with a flippin stick, work it slowly across pads and when it falls off of pad into waater let it stay 10-15 seconds slowly working it up and down, works for me!

30 lb line with a weedless frog or pig n jig with a flippin stick, work it slowly across pads and when it falls off of pad into waater let it stay 10-15 seconds slowly working it up and down, works for me!

cool thanks, will give that a shot next week. hopefully tuesday i can get out there and try it.

damn....got to make a trip to bass pro......hopefully i can get out of there for under 100 bucks....probably not though haha!

Throw a big ole Texas rigged 10" Red Shad worm with a Big weight. Let the heavy weight fall "through" the cracks of the Lilly pads. Be ready though.... 95% of the bites that hit that will be when the lure is sinking. It can be a little harder to feel the bite.

Throw a big ole Texas rigged 10" Red Shad worm with a Big weight. Let the heavy weight fall "through" the cracks of the Lilly pads. Be ready though.... 95% of the bites that hit that will be when the lure is sinking. It can be a little harder to feel the bite.

ya, was gonna try everything at em next time i go. gonna just fish the pads until i find something that works.

and you know my secret color! red shad! my favorite! with Tomato being a close second. Culprit brand, of course.

Back
Top Bottom