Best/Worst Shoot-em-up Movies

Mr. & Mrs. Smith - just a little over the top.
Sunset - (James Garner as Wyatt Earp and Bruce Willis as Tom Mix

Which of course leads to Die Hard and the Lethal Weapon movies

I'll have to find a copy of the movie, but i dont remember the cops killing Mr. Pink, from what i remember, he got caught in the parking lot. i dont remember hearing them shoot him.

i always thought mr. pink shot Eddie while he was hiding behind something. it's been a while since i saw the movie, though.

good enough reason to watch it again...
smile.png

If you listen, you can hear the cops outside ordering Mr. Pink to stop after he flees the warehouse.. Then there is the sound of multiple shots fired just as Freddy Newandyke (Mr. Orange) confesses to Larry (Mr. White) that he's a cop. It is implied that the cops killed Pink outside before they enter the warehouse and kill Mr. White when he shoots Mr. Orange in the head.

Hollywood prop squibs don't always coincide with real life shooting obviously. But if you watch it a couple of times you'll see that White's gun fires twice as Joe and Eddie go down. In the real world he wouldn't have scored the hits.

Got to admit, I'm a huge Tarantino nerd and Reservoir Dogs is one of my favorites.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am changing my answer... According to Chris Penn

"Nobody shot nice guy Eddie. It was a mistake. What was supposed to happen - and I don't know if Quentin's gonna like me giving this away, but it's too late now, he never told me not to - was Harvey Keitel was supposed to shoot Lawrence Tierney, then shoot me, then get squibbed. But what happened was the squib (a small explosive charge resembling a bullet hit) on Harvey went right off after he shot Lawrence, so he went down, but my squib went off anyway, so I went down. So, basically nobody shot Nice Guy Eddie. Quentin said 'You know what? It'll be the biggest controversy of the film. We're leaving it.' He was definitely right ..."

I am changing my answer... According to Chris Penn

"Nobody shot nice guy Eddie. It was a mistake. What was supposed to happen - and I don't know if Quentin's gonna like me giving this away, but it's too late now, he never told me not to - was Harvey Keitel was supposed to shoot Lawrence Tierney, then shoot me, then get squibbed. But what happened was the squib (a small explosive charge resembling a bullet hit) on Harvey went right off after he shot Lawrence, so he went down, but my squib went off anyway, so I went down. So, basically nobody shot Nice Guy Eddie. Quentin said 'You know what? It'll be the biggest controversy of the film. We're leaving it.' He was definitely right ..."

Yep. Nobody ever points a gun directly at him.

I agree. I forgot about both of those. I love the end of Pulp Fiction with the diner holdup and Sam Jackson shoving what looked like a nickel plated Llama in the guy's face. Then he explained how he was goin through a transitional period and didn't wanna kill him.
Best part of Scarface was when Pacino straightened his bidness with Frank in Frank's office and clipped the crooked police chief at the same time. And before leaving he said " Hey Earnie, jou wanna job?" And Earnie was shakin like a leaf drinkin Jack Black from the bottle.

And let's not forget Sam Jackson convincing Chris Tucker to get in the trunk and then shooting him in Jackie Brown.

Back
Top Bottom