Bet needs advice- yard - concrete

Don't fall for that, I know I am in country here in Jefferson, but I just had eight yards, formed lightly graded with shovels and pic for $2500. That is 18 x tapered of 50 ft with turn around for Kubota.

When you do the math, that ran @benjamin $312.50 per yard, and he has flat, easily accessible space, based on his photos. So, while the price of concrete alone is cheap, it does add up quickly. The_ Brit_in_ATL The_ Brit_in_ATL ... your drawing appears to show some piers/pads, plus possibly some gravel fill, and even a reference to what appears to be trees, all of which continues to add to the total cost. Yes, $5k for just concrete is high, while $5k for a turn-key landscaped solution may not be.

The contractor gets it for less per yard than a homeowner.

For $6000 the guy I hired graded, formed and poured 4" thick 5000 psi cement for
200' x 10' driveway.
22' x 20' section to meet my carport.
80' x 4' walkway

$5000 is a bit much.

Lots of factors in this. Concrete went up in January about 35 bucks a yard. Biggest increase in a single year I've ever seen. Been pouring concrete a long time.

Unfortunately you can do big jobs cheaper per foot than small ones. Theres pretty much a fixed cost associated with mobilizing to a job. If your there for a week or a day that cost is the same. Make sure you hire someone reputable. If you think a wood deck is hard to remove, let someone screw up concrete and never show up to fix it

Don’t pay until all the work has been completed to your satisfaction There is nothing worse than a contractor who has been paid in full. They never seem to be able to get back. As a contractor, this is what I hate about the industry. The jackass fly by nights that give the rest of us a bad name.

How is the access to the back yard area? It is real expensive to move several yards of concrete with a wheel borrow.

testdepth testdepth please PM me your concrete guys contact info.

I have a drive and pad needed, about the same as you had.

Brit, I will need a pumper for part of my job, it added nearly $2500 to the price I was quoted.

Back
Top Bottom