• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bet needs advice- yard - concrete

The_ Brit_in_ATL

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
27   0
Reaction score
2AE2F39E-EAA9-44C9-B715-0448077D1556.png
I’ve been quoted 5k for roughly 5 cubic yards of concrete for my back yard.
Is this good?

I'm excavating and pouring in Alabama at my lakehouse, and concrete has gotten a little pricier... around $120/yd plus labor for starters, and then there are add-ons if you need a pump for delivery ($1,000+ for every visit) and concrete buggies, plus forms for walls, like I do. I will be closer to $500/yd with forming, pouring/pumping, finishing, etc. on over 100 yards in driveways, sidewalks, retaining walls, patio, boat ramp, etc. plus the cost of excavation. My guess is that the 5 yards of concrete includes something that you are not telling us about. If they are just forming and pouring, it sounds very high. If that includes digging, forming, fill, and they need special equipment to get it there, the price definitely gets higher.

What about a ready mix trailer? Already mixed up and ready to use.

I’ve heard you can pick those up from the concrete plant and DIY yourself. Just hire out the finishers

Your quote sounds expensive

My dad had a huuuge driveway done for $8k labor and materials

Don't fall for that, I know I am in country here in Jefferson, but I just had eight yards, formed lightly graded with shovels and pic for $2500. That is 18 x tapered of 50 ft with turn around for Kubota.

Back
Top Bottom