Big cat caught on my trail cam.

A DNR officer told me that is the official line because if they acknowledged they were up here, people would be coming in from everywhere to hunt them. You can only imagine the poaching chaos if DNR put out a statement that panthers/cougars/mountain lion/big kitties were in a specific WMA or Wilderness Area.

Crazy talk. Why would anyone come here to hunt them where you'll never see one when you could go out west and hunt the hell outta them? DNR guy was bull****ting.

Crazy talk. Why would anyone come here to hunt them where you'll never see one when you could go out west and hunt the hell outta them? DNR guy was bull****ting.
He didn’t mean hunters from out west coming here. He was referring to the bubba flatlanders and Atlanta suburbanites who won’t pay big bucks for a cat hunt in Montana but would grab a 24 pack of Natty Light and a Qbeam and head to the hills.

Gee what redneck goes out west?? In our hunting lease I left in 2005, there were shots every night from poachers riding the dirt roads near us..

They would be on this like a bum on a bologna sandwich..

He didn’t mean hunters from out west coming here. He was referring to the bubba flatlanders and Atlanta suburbanites who won’t pay big bucks for a cat hunt in Montana but would grab a 24 pack of Natty Light and a Qbeam and head to the hills.

Them bubbas are already out there and they aint seein nuthin. Cats are sneaky as hell.

Gee what redneck goes out west?? In our hunting lease I left in 2005, there were shots every night from poachers riding the dirt roads near us..

They would be on this like a bum on a bologna sandwich..

I have not heard or seen any poachers around here. They wont get no cats anyway. Ive put thousands of hours in a stand and I have seen 1 cat. Bubba wont see ****.

it’s as big as my sheperd.

A neighbor told me the DNR released 8 or 9 of them a few miles nearby with chips in them with the idea they would kill hogs.
Not sure how credible that info is but I’ve got pics of my sheperd in that same spot on the same camera and that cat is every bit as big as my dog.
I hope they leave Big Foot alone..

Back
Top Bottom