• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bill of Sale

GregWAtl

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
4   1
Reaction score
I have sold numerous hand guns on this site, although it's been a while. I have always specified BILL OF SALE = *NO. I have been told, on this board, that it is easier to sell a gun if you specify BILL OF SALE = *NO. Why is that and why would anyone not be willing to have a bill of sale?

Just curious

I have sold numerous hand guns on this site, although it's been a while. I have always specified BILL OF SALE = *NO. I have been told, on this board, that it is easier to sell a gun if you specify BILL OF SALE = *NO. Why is that and why would anyone not be willing to have a bill of sale?

Just curious

It's not a legal requirement for a private transfer; and most do not want even the smallest bit of their personal info floating around in a random stranger's possession.

1: It's not required by law
B: I do not want you to have any of my personal info because I do not know you or know how you will use my info.

B: I do not want you to have any of my personal info because I do not know you or know how you will use my info.

Likewise, if I sell you a gun that has had my name attached to it and there is no record of me selling it to you, I feel a little uneasy about that. What if some one steals it from you and uses it unlawfully. The police are probably going to come looking for me and I have no proof I sold it.

Likewise, if I sell you a gun that has had my name attached to it and there is no record of me selling it to you, I feel a little uneasy about that. What if some one steals it from you and uses it unlawfully. The police are probably going to come looking for me and I have no proof I sold it.
If you sold it on the internet then there is always proof.
Anything posted on the internet is always available.
Even if it was deleted its still there.

Unless that BOS was notarized, it's just a piece of paper.

Back
Top Bottom