• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

"Black Colt" from 1919

shaneadams90

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
73   0
Reaction score
I recently purchased this gun from my Uncle. It belong to his father in law that fought in the "Banana Wars". It was built in 1919 I believe and was re-arsenaled and issued to him in 1937...(I am going all of this from memory). I have the original manifest of where it was issued and 1 of the original mags.

This is a family heirloom and should never leave but I wanted to share it with you guys bc I know you would appreciate it. While the finish looks "rough" it is actually smooth as a babes butt! Rubbed down nightly by a man that was betting his life on it in a sloppy, humid environment. If is tight and functions flawlessly and I am honored to own and to be able to pass it down to my sons.

If you guys know anything about these "Black Colts" feel free to post it....

photo copy 6.jpg

photo copy 5.jpg

photo copy 3.jpg

photo copy 2.jpg

photo copy.jpg

photo copy 11.JPG

Absolutely beautiful, makes me think of my dads old colt 1911. His was made in either 1917 or 1918. Looks almost exactly like this one. You sir have a piece of history that you can be proud of as well as an awesome family heirloom

Beautiful gun with a wonderful history.

Are the kids doing rock/paper/scissors to see who gets it?

J/K

Wow, look how small that ejection port looks. Looks tiny compared to today's guns.

Thanks for posting!

Back
Top Bottom